Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make copys of intersections or at least simple intersection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Aistis88
258 Views, 4 Replies

How to make copys of intersections or at least simple intersection

We are making road , it has intersections with simple roads wich leads to forest or a fields or to a private territory. We have 60 of those intersections (crossroads) , if we would start making them all with intersection wizzard it would take a lot of time... , maybe there is simpler way to make such an easy crossings ? ( all of those crossroads are same type same geometry, the only difference is location)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: Aistis88

First question is why do you need to define intersections?

Lwt me try to anticipate some answers...
1. Because we need to link the profiles together.
Well, if you need that then I suppose you'll need to have intersections.
2. So we can make a nicely modeled corridor.
My thought here is, is it a neccesity to go to that degree of modeling? What if you just stopped the intersecting corridors just short of the main road? I've had similar jobs and this was acceptable for us.

To answer your question, I can think of no automated tool for making intersections. A 3rd party app could do it but I have not seen one.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Aistis88

If all of the intersections are the same, with comon assemblies and settings for crossfall etc then you should be able to preset most of this stuff so that when you run the Intersection wizard you can just skip through all of the pages without changing anything.  Should be less than a minute for each one.

I would caution however against trying to build 60 intersections in a single drawing.  The number of alignments, profiles and other data could easily bog down your system to the point where the drawing in unusable.  You should think about breaking up the design into manageable pieces; this leads to another advantage where you can get multiple people working on those intersections at the same time.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
Aistis88
in reply to: mathewkol

Mainly its for visual presentation .  I will paste sketch to show how my model looks in plan. I  need   to make this road  3d with all sideways . Ofcourse it would be rly cool if it coud evaluate materials used to build

Message 5 of 5
Aistis88
in reply to: mathewkol

mhmm and how did you solve this on your work ? with  surfaces ? or somehow else?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report