Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know minimum and maximum elevation in my civil 3D surface

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
dilsmails1
3620 Views, 22 Replies

how to know minimum and maximum elevation in my civil 3D surface

Hi How to know minimum and maximum elevation in my civil 3D surface
Dileep
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: dilsmails1

Please work through the tutorials Pay particular notice to surfaces. Ref:surface properties.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 23
fcernst
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I wish people would stop with the frivolous and sanctimonious "do the tutorials" response. 

It's incredibly annoying.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 23
dilsmails1
in reply to: fcernst

what you mean ?

Dileep
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous

But it's something normal.

Manny questions are very simple ... just make the tutorials.

Message 6 of 23
dilsmails1
in reply to: Anonymous

no answer !!!!!!!!!!! ?

Dileep
Message 7 of 23
stewarteng

Select the Surface

Right Click Mouse

Select Surface Properties

Select Statistics Tab

BStewart
Intel Corei7 975 3.33Ghz
24 GB Ram
Nvidea GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit
Message 8 of 23
dilsmails1
in reply to: stewarteng

Thanks

Dileep
Message 9 of 23
Pointdump

Dileep,

Do you mean like this?

Ranges.png

1. Select the Surface. Right click. Choose Edit Surface Style.
2. Under the Display Tab, click on the Elevations light bulb.
3. Under the Analysis Tab, Elevations, choose a Range Color Scheme. Click OK.

Ranges2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 10 of 23
fcernst

You can also execute a Surface Report and get Max/Min for multiple surfaces at once.

_AeccToolBox

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 11 of 23
MikeEvansUK

The OP didn't state which type of surface he was using, as the information is avaliable in both surfaces I didn't specify any glamorous workarounds.

If the OP does not know where to obtain the surface properties from they are obviously is not overly familiar with Civil3d.

Considering this will they be able to perform a surface analysis, set the styles accordinagly, produce a colour map of results and insert a table to key the colour banding?

To save exhaustive message threads containing trivulous questions the answer is simply to point towards a concise tutorial.

I am self taught in Civil3d (although I had prior knowledge from other applications) and I started with the Tutorials so I recomend anyone else to do the same before entering into any further training as they contain a whealth of information.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 12 of 23
dilsmails1
in reply to: Pointdump

thanks sir

yes, it is

but now i have one more doubt, what is the terminology is using for that level difference (please see markup on the attachment) i changed manually the

Intervels of minimum and maximum elevation as per my requirment.

Elevation Table.PNG

Dileep
Message 13 of 23
Pointdump

Dileep,

For the Table Range Settings you'd change that in the Table Styles. For the ranges displayed on your surface, here's where to change the number of ranges and specify the elevations and colors:

SurfProps.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 14 of 23
fcernst

Mike,

People do not want to be nannied here and told to do the Tutorials. If that is all you have to give on a question, then simply stand aside.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 15 of 23
dilsmails1

Someone is not giving a hand to learn and growup, also they are not allowing to do the same to someone, please understand this is a community helpcenter by autodesk. If you are not able to help please keep away.let us make use of this community. Someone is ready to help allways. Please don’t make an opposition here… please …..

Dileep
Message 16 of 23
tcorey

I, for one, think there is no question so basic that it should not be asked. This community is for everyone, expert, intermediate, beginner, engineer, tech, IT wonk or secretary. If you want to learn something about Civil 3D and you like connecting with others to do so, then ask anything. If no one wants to answer your question, it will go unanswered. No biggie, right?

Yes, Mr. Evans, "Read the tutorial" is often good advice, but perhaps, "Here's the answer, and by the way, the tutorials show the answer, here's a link," would be more in the spirit of collaboration this forum promotes.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 17 of 23
Jay_B

@dilsmails wrote:

thanks sir

yes, it is

but now i have one more doubt, what is the terminology is using for that level difference (please see markup on the attachment) i changed manually the

Intervels of minimum and maximum elevation as per my requirment.

Dileep,

The Elevations or "Levels" shown in the screen shot appear to be from a "Tin Volume Surface" Tin Volume Surface's are comprised of a Base Surface and Comparison Surface.

The numbers in the Table reflect ranges of Minimum & Maximum Z differences between these 2 surfaces.

Please see About Creating a TIN Volume Surface for more information.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 18 of 23
dilsmails1
Message 19 of 23
Pointdump

Dileep,

Those are excellent Webinars. I've watched quite a few of them and always learn something in each Webinar.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 20 of 23
Anonymous

Just a note regarding Tutorials. Many of them are video and many companys restrict the use of video in an office environment; afraid that employees will watch cat antics or something. Otherwise, large amounts of paper need to be printed out or screens maximized/minimized in order to work through tutorials. One has to hope for a company that allows time and/or resources to work with them.

On the whole they are very helpful, of course, but, having used both methods, I do think that a quick answer to a specific question to our Forum is a better way for someone to get an answer and move on. That's why this discussion forum exists. I, for one, use it a lot to solve problems or refresh my memory. Cheers,

Susan H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report