AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

kwielin
Message 1 of 10 (801 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to keep the labels in a dragged state

801 Views, 9 Replies
11-12-2013 02:29 PM

Hello, is it possible to keep the dragged labels in the same configuration when import the same points with the same numbers second time (with different decsriptions) choosing overwrite option? I want to avoid to move the points second time to make the drawing readable.

I believe the options to choose is "merge" to maintain the labels as they were

That is the solution I was looking for (I received it from Curtis Smith on one of the LinkedIn group). Maybe will help someone.

"There is a way to do this with stacked text. Instead of setting the color in the label style composer window (where offsets, height, border, etc. is set for each component), set the color (or any other text formatting) in the Text Component Editor. Switch over to the Format Tab, pick the text you want the first color, and change it. Then drag over the 2nd line of text and give it a different color. The different formatting options you have for stacked text are Justification, Font, Color, Bold, Italics, and Underline... just like in the MText editor."

*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 2 of 10 (800 Views)

Re: how to keep the labels in a dragged state

11-12-2013 02:35 PM in reply to: kwielin

You could try to pin the labels, but I think you're out of luck on this one.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 3 of 10 (790 Views)

11-12-2013 03:02 PM in reply to: kwielin
I believe the options to choose is "merge" to maintain the labels as they were
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Jeni315
Message 4 of 10 (776 Views)

11-12-2013 04:14 PM in reply to: kwielin

Open your tool space, hit the settings tab, if they are points that have the point info open the points + and it will show Label Styles, open the + on that. Right click on the point style you are trying to keep the drag state and open "edit".

Under Dragged State make sure all the settings for masking and font type are correct first and then under Display if it shows Stacked Text, change it to "As Composed". And there you go...it drove me crazy too... trying to go between two screens regen all the time updating xref's... it was crazy... finally a solution!!! :smileyvery-happy: Hope that helps!

Jeni315
Message 5 of 10 (775 Views)

11-12-2013 04:15 PM in reply to: Jeni315
Ugh! FATAL Error.... Save your drawing first just in case!
kwielin
Message 6 of 10 (747 Views)

11-13-2013 11:02 AM in reply to: kwielin

OK that was so easy. Thanks . I didn't know that.

But maybe somebody know the solution for another problem. When changing "display" from Stacked Text to As Composed - what I need. Is there any possibility to set the label to behave like Stacked Text when dragging from the right side to the left. To precise - adjust label to the left when it's dragged to the right and adjust to the right when it's dragged to the left as it is when choosing Stacked Text option.

I've found somewhere information that's not possible but maybe It's not true?

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 7 of 10 (719 Views)

11-14-2013 11:15 AM in reply to: kwielin

Please be sure to mark a post as the Solution if it solves your original problem. This helps others who are reading to find answers to their questions too.

As for your secondary question, I don't think it's possible to get the 'as composed' to flip to left or right justification.  I don't quite follow with what's wrong with the 'stacked text' for you.  It might be easier to fix that problem instead.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

kwielin
Message 8 of 10 (710 Views)

11-14-2013 11:24 AM in reply to: troma

'Stacked text' has different limitation. It can has only one color for all visible features :smileysad:

Thanks for the advice. I've just mark the post as Solution for the previous problem :smileyhappy:

Jeni315
Message 9 of 10 (676 Views)

11-15-2013 08:21 AM in reply to: kwielin
It is possible to get right or left justification. You have to have that set up as a style. And then you pick one or the other in your properties manager when wanting to change it. Stacked text was showing backwards in the drawing it was xref into whereas the original drawing it looked correct. As Composed made them the same orientation on both drawings.
Stacked text when you drag it to another spot messes up the orientation whereas As Composed you can drag it where ever, change the rotation and it will still look the same when you have it xref into your drawing. Hard to explain, but it does work.
kwielin
Message 10 of 10 (663 Views)

11-15-2013 01:44 PM in reply to: Jeni315

That is the solution I was looking for (I received it from Curtis Smith on one of the LinkedIn group). Maybe will help someone.

"There is a way to do this with stacked text. Instead of setting the color in the label style composer window (where offsets, height, border, etc. is set for each component), set the color (or any other text formatting) in the Text Component Editor. Switch over to the Format Tab, pick the text you want the first color, and change it. Then drag over the 2nd line of text and give it a different color. The different formatting options you have for stacked text are Justification, Font, Color, Bold, Italics, and Underline... just like in the MText editor."

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.