Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert .tif's into AutoCad Civil 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ChrisGIS
546 Views, 2 Replies

How to insert .tif's into AutoCad Civil 2013

I would like to insert a .tif into a drawing that I had georefernced in ArcMap (given it a coordinate system).  The problem that I'm having is that I can't insert a large .tif which means that file size is 30mg or larger.  I can insert easily a .sid file but not a .tif.  I can also insert a Jpeg 2000 but the image quality is poor (resolution).  In order for me to insert it into CAD I have to clip it down really small under a megabit.  This is a pain if I have a large area to cover.  I do have Raster and AutoCAD Map.  I'm a GIS person not a CAD person so if possible can you keep the explanations simple.  Also if you know of some documentation or video's that are online on how to do this that would be great.  Thanks for any help.  Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ChrisGIS

Why can't you insert this TIFF file? 30MB size is no limit, sos what is going on at your end?

System details?
Message 3 of 3
antoniovinci
in reply to: ChrisGIS

I guess it's a compression issue, sir.

Please zip and upload that .TIFF file on http://ge.tt then paste here the resulting link, thx.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report