Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the Point Groups a Cogo Point is included in?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
KPerison
1436 Views, 11 Replies

How to identify the Point Groups a Cogo Point is included in?

Does anyone know how to identify the Point Groups a single or multiple Cogo Points are included in.  Im trying to look at someone elses existing ground survey and determine when some of these cogo points were shot.  Im hoping the Point Group names will help me.

Thx.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
doni49
in reply to: KPerison

If you click on the point in question and go to "Properties" (the same one form Vanilla Acad), it'll show you what point group is controlling the display of the point.  It should be up near the top.

You can also "List" the point.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 12
Pointdump

KP,

Right-Click a point. Select Point Group Properties. Thusly:

Group_Prop_1.png

The dialogue box that comes up will tell you what Point Group the point is in.

Group_Prop_2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 12
KPerison
in reply to: Pointdump

Thank you for the responses. 

After I posted I also realized I could just "List" the Cogo Point as well. And it will tell you the Primary Point Group.

However, this person has "ALL Points" as the top display.  So it doesnt help me much.  I was hoping to somehow be able to get a list of point groups a particular cogo point or list of cogo points belonged to. - other than inspecting every point group and seeing if it is in the point list.

Message 5 of 12
Pointdump

KP,

Drop All Points to the bottom of the list. Then when you select a point, it'll show which Point Group it's also on.

All_Points.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 12
doni49

And if you have a point group that turns off all points (as we do), make sure that's also at the bottom of the list otherwise you might not see your point at all.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 12
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

This feature would be so awesome! I have points that are members of up to 5 different point groups for various reasons. I'd love to be able to list ALL the point groups that a particular point belongs to, not just the current one controlling the display.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 8 of 12

It's available in Sincpad through the IdPtGroup command.

I bough this software out of self-defence. I had a job where grading was going through multiple changes at the last minute and needed a way to link the surface and the proposed points created from the surface elevation.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
RalphBrown99
in reply to: AllenJessup

How is possible to get Sincpad?

I google it without success

Regards

Ralph

Message 10 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: RalphBrown99

Apologies. That's a typo. It should be SINCPAC. Scroll to the bottom of the page to download a 30 day trial.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: RalphBrown99

The attached LISP routine will do what you're asking for.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 12 of 12
KPerison
in reply to: tcorey

Ha.  Where were you 5yrs ago?

Brilliant. Even list the Groups in order display hierarchy.

Thx.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report