Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grade a couple of pads?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
travanx
133 Views, 0 Replies

How to grade a couple of pads?

If I am given a drawing by our main engineer to grade I was wondering what is the best way to do this in Civil 3D.

Right now I am drawing over the Topo in Land 2k6 to make the pad in the correct area and then grade 2:1 or whatever to the next pad and have it daylight where it needs to. As well as doing the correct slopes off the street that was designed. I still havent learned how to do this using the Grading Wizard, so maybe I better learn how to do this in Civil 3D.

So my question is how do I make certain sized pads, grade to each other at a given slope and tie them together. I am the most curious on how to do this and then clicking on the balance volume button to get as close to 0 net cut/fill as possible.

Right now I would like to just practice on some pads and different topos to get a feel for this. I would eventually be using this on 50-300 lot sized projects. But I guess those will be done more by hand until I figure this out.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report