Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get precise elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Aistis88
388 Views, 4 Replies

How to get precise elevations

How to get precise elevations at lowest and highest points. I need to get spots where  the water flows and its precise elevation at that spot as analysis.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
el.Topo
in reply to: Aistis88

in the surface's properties analysis tab choose elevations

if you enter 2 for the number of ranges option you will get two bands ranging from min to max elevations

it's up to you to define the ranges as close to the min and max (0.000 precision) with different colors

so when you apply an "elevation style" to the surface you will get those areas colored

and then you may label the spots.

MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7 CPU M 620@2.67GHz, 8GB RAM
W7Pro SP1, 64-bit / Civil3D 2016
Message 3 of 5
Neilw_05

Have you considered the water drop tool? It will draw a polyline along the flow path. If you have an idea where the point is, place some water drops to get the precise spot.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 5
wfberry

For a really really quick check:

Change your contour interval to something "real" small.  Mark it and change back to your original interval.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wfberry

Thats my suggestion. I'd also have to question the level of precision sought, since the location can be suspect to the survey's accuracy.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report