Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find certain grade (1.25:1) at existing topography

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
artbiscocho
458 Views, 8 Replies

How to find certain grade (1.25:1) at existing topography

Hi all, I have 200 acres housing project and areal topo.. My client want me to show on my constraint map all the location of  natural grade having a slope of 1.25:1 or greater and determine the area. Is there a way using civil 3d to do it. I could do it on the conventional way of using my scale and topography plan, but it is time consuming.

Thank you!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
doni49
in reply to: artbiscocho

With just an aerial?  No.

But if you have surface data which you can use in C3D, then yes it can be done.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain

...I have 200 acres housing project and areal topo..
Depends on what you mean by "aerial topo". If it's vector data such as a shape file or polylines, etc. then you can turn that into a C3D surface and do your analysis.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
doni49
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
...I have 200 acres housing project and areal topo..
Depends on what you mean by "aerial topo". If it's vector data such as a shape file or polylines, etc. then you can turn that into a C3D surface and do your analysis.

RK is correct.  In my little corner of the world, when we say aerial we mean aerial photo.  But you did specifically say aerial topo, so that could very well mean 3d vector data.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 9
artbiscocho
in reply to: doni49

Thank you for immediate reply, yes I have surface data for the areal topography (contour and elevation). Can you help me how to do it.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
doni49

Here's a really simplified example just to show you what it'll look like.  I created a surface that is just a collection of a rectangle at elevation 0.0 and a bunch of random points at random elevations.  Then I turned on "Slope Banding".  Everything in green will be 1.25 or greater.

SlopeBandingExample.png

SlopeBanding1.png

SlopeBanding2.png

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 9
doni49

Here's the dwg file used in my example. 

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 9
artbiscocho

It works like magic!!! I salute you buddy..
Message 9 of 9
doni49

Glad to help.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report