Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fillet 3D Corners?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
daryl.riggins
438 Views, 4 Replies

How to Fillet 3D Corners?

Hi Folks,

I'm proud of my most advanced grading product to date, a stormwater detention pond. It's a beautiful 3D creation. However, I need to improve it and am unsure how to proceed. Specifically, I need to reflect that fact that the contractor isn't going to construct squared corners on a pond. The points at which the sides of my pond meet the berm need to reflect a curved intersection, not a squared connection as shown now.

In case it's relevant, the berms were created separately and then pasted into the pond to create what you see now.

So, how do I improve my pond to reflect curved corners?

1.png

---
Daryl Riggins, PE
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: daryl.riggins

How did you build it? If you have a base polyline for the bottom use the fillet command on the sides. If you have a feature line use the FIllet Feature Line command.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B

FILLETFEATURE command works well for this and works on 3D poly's & Feature Lines.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
daryl.riggins
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John,

I used a 2D polyline to define the upper edge of the pond. I then used grading criteria to create the inside and outside slopes, benches, and bottom.

The berm has a 10:1 slope on one side and a 3:1 slope on the other. A bit tricky (for me). I created the berm as a separate feature line and then used grading criteria to daylight it to the shape of the inside of the pond.

So, the short answer to your question is that I don't have a feature line that defines the bottom of the pond.

Is there a different approach that would give me better results?
---
Daryl Riggins, PE
Message 5 of 5
Pointdump

Daryl,

Small workaround--Make a Feature Line From Stepped Offset, say, .01 horizontal and 0.00 vertical, and then you can use FILLETFEATURE.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report