Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define the station control from the end of alignment

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bpoleuca
589 Views, 7 Replies

How to define the station control from the end of alignment

Hello,

I please somebody to tell me if it's possible to define the stationing of the alignment from the end of the alignment till the start.

I have a special situation where the end station is fixed in one point (ex. km 3+125,00) and till there I can change the alignment.

I want to be all the time the end in one station value.

Greetings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
asad55db
in reply to: bpoleuca

i think its better to introduce station equation at the end of ur allignment. hope u find the resulsts :smileyhappy

Message 3 of 8
bpoleuca

can you send me a link to a page to see how I must do this?
I never do this

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
asad55db

click on alignment go in alingnment properties than station control and  there u find the station eqation select it and locate the point where u want to insert the station equation. once added station equation it means after that station stationing will not change if alignment is changed before that staion point.

try this u will understand.

Message 5 of 8
bpoleuca

Thanks.

What I want is all my alignment from the end till the start to be changed but to have allways the final station I want.

Message 6 of 8
david.zavislan

You can do this without station equations.  Go to the same tab in the Alignment Properties window.  In the reference point section you can select the endpoint of the alignment and specify the station at that location.  The program will calculate backwards from this point to generate the starting station for the alignment.

AlignmentStationControl.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
mathewkol

I believe David's answer to be the most effective. I would not use a station equation in this instance.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 8
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

Check your alignment labeling after doing this.  We've seen some strange results when the station control point is not in the first segment of the alignment.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report