Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to crop a corridor region ? is it possble

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tonnot
570 Views, 5 Replies

How to crop a corridor region ? is it possble

As you can define a target for a lane width (for example) it would be possible to define a crop or limit ? 

Thanks 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: tonnot

In other words, you want the region start and end stations to be tied to an object? I know of no way to do that.

If you're talking about "cropping" the offset limits within a certain region, be sure your outer-most subassembly will use targets and apply targets left and right. You still have to either type or pick the start and end stations.

If you're just trying to limit what you see of the corridor surface, apply a boundary by polyline. An easy way to make that polyline is to isolate your region, add boundary to the corridor surface by extents of corridor, then extract the surface boundary. That makes a polyline that runs around only that region. Go back and remove the boundary created from corridor extents and apply a boundary created from the extracted polyline.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
tonnot
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks 

I'm talking about limit or cropin the offsets.

If so, you would have not  to define different assemblies and different regions. 

Using the boundaries is an operation you made after calculate corridor.  So you have a cropped surface but not a cropped sections .... 

What I want would be as a targets but with cropping . I think it would be simply to program.

mmm Thanks anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

Message 4 of 6
fcernst

You use the Conditional subassemblies for this. Those are your Switches.

Below is my one Assembly I use for county road design that addresses all main road ditch design and driveway encounters using one Region.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 6
troma
in reply to: fcernst

Looks like a rather nasty species of spider.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
to1-3.wd

Dear Master,

Nice to meet you. 

I would like to create a corridor then fill the hatch.

but I cannot finish the right-hand side corridor........

I use c3d 2020.........could you mind teach me how to do it?Question 1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report