Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create this section

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
civilman3d
423 Views, 6 Replies

How to create this section

Hi All,

I'm starting to pick up Civil 3D. I have learned the basics I can create bulk earth works plan using the software. Now wanting to dig deep into the software and start using it for more 'complex' projects.

I'm now parctising with a dummy project. Please see attached, could anyone give me some directions on what general steps to create this section of the plan. I know I need to use corridor to create the driveway and offsect the corridor to create the parallel parking on the top of the drawing. I need to use curb returns for access road to the car parking area on the right and possibly using feature lines to create the out line of the car park, then using these feature lines to create the surface for the car park 01 ? I can see parcel could be used for this project as well to create the building evelope on the side of the drive way.

My problem is I just don't know What's the steps I shall take to put them all together, not sure where to start.

I have attached the plan.

Thanks in Advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: civilman3d

I will be frank about this.  Since you are just starting out, forget corridors, use all feature lines.  You will need to utilize most of the feature line tools, perhaps do all of the tutorials as a beginning point.

Bill

Normally when I make a statement, others come and condemn.  That's just fine and dandy.

Message 3 of 7
doni49
in reply to: wfberry

I think I would agree with Bill.  The corridor tools are just a way to automatically create featurelines that will be dynamically linked to the horizontal and vertical alignment.  Work with featurelines first just to get a good understanding of how they work.  THEN start to try your hand at Corridors.

Having said that, when you ARE ready to dive in to Corridors, there are a BUNCH of videos available on Youtube.  Search for C3D Corridor Tutorial and Civil3d Tutorial.  That should get you quite a few.  In addition, there are quite a few available at au.autodesk.com.

Watching every video I could find helped me immensely and then anythign I still didn't understand, I came here and asked about. 

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: civilman3d

I would do the entire grading with one corridor with several baselines. I might supplement some feature lines into the resulting surface later if I found the corridor to confining. instead of wrapping that drive alignment around I think I would make a t intersection to make grading there easier. would be a fun exercise with an existing surface and some grading design criteria provided.
Message 5 of 7
civilman3d
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks I will give a crack about this.

Message 6 of 7
civilman3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Dan! I will give a try and see what happens.

Message 7 of 7
civilman3d
in reply to: Anonymous

I had a go with this exercise. This is what I have generated: The existing ground is the green colour profile line and the proposed ground is in red shown in attachment Capture 1. The level difference between two profile is quite big around the bend section as you can see shown in the same attachment as plan view.

The final result shall look like what is shown in Capture 2 for this section. Could you please let me know what's the general process to acheive this outcome. Again I watched quite a bit of training videos and read text books etc and understand the process. I just don't know how to put it toghter in a complex project like this...

Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report