Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create the Roundabout Assembly in Civil 3D 2012

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1305 Views, 9 Replies

How to Create the Roundabout Assembly in Civil 3D 2012

Dear All,

I would like to ask your valueable information step by step how to create the roundabout assembly and how it should attach in the corridore. I will be very much thankfull to all experts here.

Thanks & regards...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Anonymous

Search in this forum. You will find what you are after in a previous post by myself.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 10

I'm not sure if you have Autodesk Vehicle Tracking. It has a cool roundabout corridor tool. It's a lot easier than starting from scratch.

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking: Roundabout Corridor Tool

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 4 of 10

Agreed however I recommend that you need to learn the manual method first to understand what it is doing and how to overcome problems should they arise where non standard designs are required.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 10

I agree.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried to search.. I am in trouble how to create the assembly for it. As it is showing one side assembly only. Only if you can send me the link I will be grateful for that.

Thanks & regards..

Eng. Imran S. Albalushi
DUBAI.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Add a round-a-bout with the wizard and let the software create it. then edit to suit
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I am asking that which assembly I need to create first of All. Could anyone help me out please. I am confused how to create assembly for it. And which type should be?

Message 9 of 10
MikeEvansUK

Do not use the Roundabout tool if you are in UK.

The roundabout tool does not generate the nessesary geometry for flares on entry / exit, it also wants to place the roundabout at the intersection of alignments which we do not like as it does not help with Deflection. We mainly use the Stockdale Method here.

For the corridor we work from the inside out. See Jacks Tutorial. Civil3d Stockdale

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

For the assembly, I create it like I would for a curb return. Attachment will be on the outer return of the RAB (edge of asphalt alignment), and attach inward to the CL alignment of each road leg, and the Circulatory alignment created from RAB builder. When setting up targets for stretching the road subassembly, choose these 3 alignments, and the option to "Target to Nearest Offset"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report