Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create compound curve in Civil 3D?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s.palakkurishi
670 Views, 4 Replies

How to create compound curve in Civil 3D?

Dear Sir,

i am very much new to Civil 3D software.i want to create a compound curve for the Ramp-1.this ramp of radius 250 m is connecting the main carriageway of 530 m.please let me know how to connect it.please see the attachment for details.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: s.palakkurishi

I think I know WHAT you are asking however:

1. I suppose that Ramp-1 is not viable in your alignments but it is actually Ramp-1(1).  The closest radius to 250 is a 3 Point curve of 253.70m.

2. Not sure what is your Main Carriageway of 530m radius.  

3.  Is your main carriageway the red arc on layer "centerline" ? (Radius = 565m)

4.  Are you wanting to tie into an offset location of the Main Carriageway?

???

If your drawing was submitted with notes and location you would have a better chance of getting some answers.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
sboon
in reply to: s.palakkurishi

Alignments in Civil3d are made up of three types of components - fixed, floating and free.  Fixed objects are entirely under your control, you can place them anywhere and change any of their dimensions etc.  With floating components one end must be attached to something else - either another floating or a fixed compoent.  Free components are attached at both ends to fixed or floating objects.

When a floating or free object is added it will maintain tangency with the component that it's attached to.  I've attached a drawing with a couple of examples showing how you might create the alignment that you're looking for.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
s.palakkurishi
in reply to: wfberry

Dear wfberry,

u read me correctly and i got solved that problem.thanks for the prompt reply. i want ask two more query.

1) already i have levels and did triangulation and made surface.there are areas where i don't have much levels and i should get it done after surveying,so how can we insert the new levels in the existing surface. 

2) i have already created a boundary for triangulation.how can i remove or reset the boundary if i wish to do so in the later stage.

regards

Sreejith.P

Message 5 of 5

1) That depends on how the Surface was built. If it was built from a Point Group. Simply add the new points to the Point Group and the Surface will automatically update.

2) In Toolspace expand the Surface definition until you see Boundaries. Select Boundaries and a list will appear at the bottom of the Toolspace. Right Click on the Boundary and select Delete. If you insert the Boundary in to the Drawing. You can also edit it using basic AutoCAD commands.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report