Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a reverse curve with a straight in between them

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
atulbhobe
1838 Views, 5 Replies

How to create a reverse curve with a straight in between them

can any one suggest me how to create reverse curve with straight portion inbetween , as their is no option of creating reverse curve with straight portion in civil 3d , duding designing a hill road what ever the reverse curve you design will be wrong and superelevation generated will also be wrong as it do no include straight inbetween the curves (ie reverse curve should contain transition curve transition straight transition curve transition.)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: atulbhobe

Draw tangents to create a "N shape" then add curves between with small values. Edit and drag curves out to desired length or K value.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 6
atulbhobe
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

by doing so it will not be a reverse curve , you are telling me to put two curves in between straight right, i donot wat to do it in that way, i want the entire reverse curve should be a single entity ie i want to use reverse curve option in civil 3d software (civil 3d 2013)

Message 4 of 6
MikeEvansUK

If I read your original post correctly "curve with straight portion in between" so it was what you asked for.

As you have been so polite I'll let you work it out.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 6
atulbhobe

i want to introduce a reverse curve between two parllel lines, i found in this software that there is no feature like " transition curve transition straight transition curve transition" so it will be very difficult to design the reverse curve if we introduce two different curves so i asked you is there any commend by which i can do the design of reverse curve in the above said format

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Reading your post and the following threads is very confusing - you need to post a picture. Mike's solution is the only way I know how to do it and I think Euclid would also agree Smiley Wink

ther is no such singular geometric object called a reverse curve it eithe has a tangent between or it doesn't. Since you want to apply SE your options are limited.

Draw the picture of what you think it should do ad post for us

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report