Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a feature line from a profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aluko0719
4121 Views, 4 Replies

how to create a feature line from a profile

is there a way to draw a line in the profile view and create that line into a feature line? and if there is can i project that line into the plan? i know that you can make a feature line in the plan and project that feature line into a profile view, just wondering if you could basicly do the reverse. i don't want to make a coridor.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: aluko0719

If your 'line in profile view' is an actual profile, then yes.
Ribbon > Home > Feature line drop-down > Create Feature Lines from Alignment.
Select your parent alignment and you will have options to select the appropriate profile.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: aluko0719

Caution: FL from profiles have been know to get squirlley if the layout does not begin and end with the eg surface profile. That being said it is still the way to go

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

By squirlley, do you mean wrong? or not updating? or corrupting the drawing?

What if you don't have a surface profile at all? What if you don't even have a surface? If you do have a surface profile it somehow affects the layout profile link to a dynamic featureline?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: troma

I mean wrong. Particularly the start end sometimes go to zero. doesn't always happen bu t does at times. Cant speak for 2013 or up I have only experienced in 2012

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report