Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a corridor datum?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Topher5000
1680 Views, 8 Replies

How to create a corridor datum?

I'm trying to figure out how to get the cut/fill volume of a corridor.  From reading, it looks like I need to create a datum on the bottom of the corridor, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how.

If I select Compute Materials, it comes up with the alignment & sample line group & after accepting that, it shows the Edit Material List dialogue box.  Looking at the tutorial, shouldn't it come up with the Compute Materials box?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Topher5000

The code set for your assemby contains this information. you have to build a corridor surface from the datum links

corridor datum.PNG

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Topher5000
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, sorry for the late reply.  I left the company I was with shortly after posting that & I just started with my new position.

I quickly tried what you suggested, but it didn't work.  I'll spend more time on it later.  I probably have to check the code set for my assembly.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 4 of 9
Topher5000

Joe,

I've tried getting the quantities, but it still doesn't work.  I've attached jpegs of the corridor properties, the datum surface properties & the compute materials dialogue box.  I'll attach jpegs of the assembly properties in another reply.  Perhaps I need to read up on assembly codes?

Chris

Message 5 of 9
Topher5000

Here are the properties of the assembly.

Message 6 of 9
Topher5000

I've got a surface for the datum, but when I go into the "quantity takeoff criteria", the only surface that appears is the existing ground.  Any idea why that's happening?

Message 7 of 9
hmoobvue

I'm having similar issue, would like to know if you are able to find  solution?

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
Joe-Bouza

I feel bad I never got back to this thread
You have to sample lines along corridor baseline to compute the materials. For cut and fill add that criteria set eg and datum
Then output tables

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Oh yeah add bottom links to datum surfaces

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report