Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a Point Table from Excel?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ltmullen
1388 Views, 3 Replies

How to copy a Point Table from Excel?

This seems like it should be the most stupidly easy thing...but AutoCAD doesn't seem to have a way to do this.

I made a point table from a point group. Quick and sweet.

But now I want to change it a little bit, and it's not something I can just do from the table style. So I want to copy it into Excel...and when I try to, hitting paste in Excel ends up just giving me this block image version of the table in Excel. I tried doing TABLEEXPORT but that's only for regular tables.

Any help here? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: ltmullen

This can not be done in this way. Civil tables are not the same as excel tables or autocad tables so the data cannot be passed in this way.

You can export the points and achieve the same thing so long as you select the right columns. After export open in excel and edit away but this will be detached from the points in the file.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: ltmullen

I concur with Mike

export the point group from the points menu, edit save a csv, reimport and the civil table will import

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ltmullen
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

OK, I had been thinking that the export points command gave you some strange file format that I didn't know how to work with, because in the menu it gave formats such as ENZ, NEZ, etc, but then I realized that those meant "Easting, Northing, Elevation" and "Northing, Easting, Elevation," etc. and it gave it to you in a text file format, which I do know how to bring into Excel.

So...I'm good now. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report