Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the sequence of the input/out parameters in Subassembly Composer?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
civilgz
1393 Views, 5 Replies

How to change the sequence of the input/out parameters in Subassembly Composer?

When I created my subassembly with subassembly composer, it's difficult to change the sequency of the input/output parameters. Do we have an easy way to do that, Like moving? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.zavislan
in reply to: civilgz

To change the order that they appear in SAC, you can edit the .xaml file contained in the pkt archive file.  You can cut and paste the order of the Property elements.

xamlFile.jpg

To control the order that they appear in the PROPERTIES window in Civil 3D, edit the atc file that is in the pkt archive file.  Cut and paste to change the order of the params elements.

atcFile.jpg

Back up the pkt file before making these edits, because it is real easy to mess up the xml files.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
tyr_tomkem
in reply to: david.zavislan

Where is the pkt archive file and how do i open it?
Message 4 of 6
Aistis88
in reply to: civilgz

Right click on .pkt file >  7-ZIP ( or other archive you are using) >>>> open archive there you will find all files.

Message 5 of 6
tyr_tomkem
in reply to: Aistis88

Thanks for your fast reply!
Message 6 of 6
CNinBC
in reply to: david.zavislan

is there a way to adjust the target sequence in the corridor target dialog box for custom subassembly? for example, i would like to switch the order of the target for Front and Back of Sidewalk on the image attached below. the method mensioned in your post only change the sequence of the target parameter in the composer, not the one on the target setting dialog box.

Thanks.Capture2.PNG

edit: Sorry, it's my fault, it does change the sequence of the target parameter in the corridir target window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report