Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change colors of Contour lines-different surfaces

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jbteal
4410 Views, 5 Replies

How to change colors of Contour lines-different surfaces

I have created two surfaces in separate sites. I was trying to make the "existing" surface contour lines different colors from the "proposed" contour lines because the two surfaces overlap. When I tried changing the colors of one under "Edit Surface Style", it changed both surfaces. Can I make them different colors?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: jbteal

Yes but you need the two surfaces to be DIFFERENT styles.

We have a style for Existing Surface and another style for Proposed Surface.  The colors & lineweights for each are different.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M

Yes, assign 2 different styles to the surfaces, change each one as desired.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
jbteal
in reply to: doni49

So, my follow up question would be, how do you change the surface style once the surface has already been created?

Message 5 of 6
jbteal

Scratch that, I figured it out. Go to Surface Properties after right-clicking on the appropriate surface in Toolspace.

Message 6 of 6
homidomid

Thank you very much , this was helpful i had the same problem by reading this posts it has solved .

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report