Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust pipe connection points to structure?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
daryl.riggins
920 Views, 2 Replies

How to adjust pipe connection points to structure?

Hi folks,

I'd like to use a custom block to represent a curb inlet. It needs to do two things:

1. Pull an elevation from the middle of the back of the block to use as the "TOP" elevation. Put another way, the TOP elevation needs to reflect the back of curb elevation. Right now, this is working fine. See attachment 1.

2. The connected pipes need to connect at the center of the block. Right now, they are connecting at the same location as #1. See attachment #2.

So, my question is: how to preserve #1 and correct #2?

Thanks,

---
Daryl Riggins, PE
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
odoshi
in reply to: daryl.riggins

To make the pipes connect at the centroid, you need to redefine the base point of your block. I'm sure if you inserted that inlet structure as a block, the grip would be at the back center. You need it to be at the centroid of the block.

This of course will change where the elevation is read from, so you will need an expression to add the .5 foot additional height from the grate to the back of structure. Then use that expression in your labels.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 3
daryl.riggins
in reply to: odoshi

Thanks, Mike!
---
Daryl Riggins, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report