AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
jeff_rivers
Message 11 of 19 (1,952 Views)

Re: How to add codes to subassembly links that do not have then already?

02-09-2011 03:17 PM in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, are your Marked Point and your LinkToMarkedPoint in the same assembly?  As far as I know you can't use LinkToMarkedPoint to connect one assembly to another assembly, or to connect between assemblies on different baselines within the same corridor. 

I struggled to figure it out too, and finally discovered that it would only work if both the MarkedPoint and the LinkToMarkedPoint were in the same assembly. 

I have some screenshots of the assembly and my finished corridor if that would help you visualize what's going on.  Nathan's screenshots of the properties windows are great - I wish I'd had those when I started.

Win 7E 64-bit, Intel i7, 12 GB
C3D 2012
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 12 of 19 (1,946 Views)

02-09-2011 06:12 PM in reply to: jeff_rivers

That would be super Jeff, and yes that was my next question. The screen shot in help can lead one to believe you can link two different assemblies. And Nathans note are moving me along, too. I had been expecting to see the linking in layout mode - thats confusing to look at.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Mentor
el_nath
Message 13 of 19 (1,931 Views)

02-10-2011 05:58 AM in reply to: jeff_rivers

If you want two different assemblies, add an offset assembly.

But even with a Markedpoint in one assembly and the LinktoMarkedPoint in an offset assembly (or visa-versa), you still need to make the point before the link.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, EIT

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Mentor
jeff_rivers
Message 14 of 19 (1,915 Views)

02-10-2011 01:29 PM in reply to: jeff_rivers

Here are my screenshots, Joe.  First one is the layout view of my assembly, showing the marked point at the right end of the shoulder, next is a screenshot of how the assembly connects to the marked point to build the corridor model (I faked it for the illustration by just drawing the link as a red line).  Tip: Make a new marker style for the MarkedPoint, so that you can actually see it in the layout view.  I used a square instead of the magenta circle. 

Last is the corridor, seen in object viewer, with the LinkToMarkedPoint connecting up to the marked point on the shoulder.  It was in object viewer that I was able to confirm that the link was actually connecting to the marked point.

Win 7E 64-bit, Intel i7, 12 GB
C3D 2012
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 15 of 19 (1,906 Views)

02-10-2011 02:09 PM in reply to: jeff_rivers

Great stuff cant wait to put it to use. I really appreciate all the effort you and Nathan put in to help me out.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
Distinguished Contributor
nilesh33
Message 16 of 19 (1,843 Views)

02-15-2011 11:32 AM in reply to: el_nath

hi...

I have observed that for "LinkToMarkPoint" subassembly we can assign custon codes to only Point Codes, not to Link Codes even there is option available for this.

I have changed my Link Codes to custom name and Edited my CODE SET STYLE for IMPORT CODES.

There were no Customised link codes but Point codes were available.

Can you just check this once...

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,
Nilesh J
Civil 3D 2012, SAC
16 GB Ram 64 Bit Win7
Mentor
el_nath
Message 17 of 19 (1,806 Views)

02-16-2011 11:03 AM in reply to: nilesh33

I believe that you may looking in the wrong place, I may be mistaken.  The link codes parameter in LinktoMarkedPoint is by default Top and Datum, however, you can change this to whatever you want.  There is no way edit the point codes in LinktoMarkedPoint because there are no point codes.  It seems to me that maybe you are confusing MarkedPoint with LinktoMarkedPoint?

Maybe you also be making the mistake of trying to us a LinktoMarkedPoint in one assembly to link to a MarkedPoint in another assembly?  You should be using an assembly offset (such as for a service road) so that the MarkedPoint and the LinktoMarkedPoint are all in the same assembly.

Does this help?

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
nilesh33
Message 18 of 19 (1,789 Views)

02-16-2011 10:00 PM in reply to: jeff_rivers

Hi,

Sorry I was talking about MarkPoint codes, its not about Points codes in LinkToMarkpoint subassembly.

Here I am still struggling with changing Link codes for "LinkToMarkpoint". I havnt spend much time on Codes but quite handy with subassembly properties.

I have attached one snap here for your review. Even I am following this procedure just take look at this,

I also in impression that I am doing some basic thing wrongly.

1. Open new dwg

2. Create new assembly or insert from "basic" palette.

3. Attach one mark point with name X

4. Attach one LinkToMarkpoint subassembly with link Codes "Test"

5. Assembly Properties >>> Codes >>> Edit Current Selection >>> Import codes ( selection by cross window and also with by picking subassembly>>>

6. Checking for link code "Test" in link codes.

and here there is no Custom Link Code "Test"

Just need your some valuable expertise here.

Regards,
Nilesh J
Civil 3D 2012, SAC
16 GB Ram 64 Bit Win7
nilesh33
Message 19 of 19 (1,772 Views)

02-16-2011 11:44 PM in reply to: el_nath

Hey...I got solution for this issue

Actually I m not buliding corridor, and looking for Link codes, once corridor get build it Link will create and it will display in Code Set style.

Thanks for your valuable time for me.

Regards,
Nilesh J
Civil 3D 2012, SAC
16 GB Ram 64 Bit Win7
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.