Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How find certain depth coverage in profile view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Vasily_BC
1130 Views, 4 Replies

How find certain depth coverage in profile view

Hi,

Is there a way to find location/locations in profile view along profile with certain coverage/depth?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Vasily_BC

It's not clear what you mean by coverage depth. If you mean what parts of a pipe are above or below a certain depth from a surface, you can create a copy* of the reference surface, lower it by the required depth of cover, sample it and show it in profile.

*Rather than making a copy the reference surface, create a new empty surface and paste in the reference surface, then lower this new surface by the desired depth of cover. By doing this your depth of cover surface will be dynamic to any changes made to the reference surface.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 5
Vasily_BC
in reply to: Neilw_05

I'm trying to come up with a tunnel profile with minimum slope -0.5%.

Another criteria is rock coverage. I use Norwegian criteria which is roughtly about 0.7 of elevation difference.

So I need to find best profile for maximum coverage and also find where I need to start steel liner which is the breakpoint from Norwegian criteria.

Now there is only option to see elevation difference at station.

So I'm wondering, is there a way to do it backwards?

Sorry for being unclear.

Message 4 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Vasily_BC

My intuition tells me you can use the technique I suggested to create a depth surface and profile. Then use the profile layout tools to create a design profile using the minimum depth profile as a guide. Once you have the layout profile you can add a profile band that shows the depth from the reference surface to the design profile. That will give you visual verification with precise depths of cover.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 5
Vasily_BC
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks Neil, I'll try that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report