Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you do your pipe networks?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
197 Views, 2 Replies

If you have portions of pipe networks in various parts of a site, and these portions are completely separate and independent of each other, do you have them all in one network or do you separate them into separate networks?

Personally, I prefer to separate them into separately named networks.  This give me more flexibility, IMO, and prevents extraneous stuff from invading my profiles which I then have to manually remove, but I have seen others put everything into a single network.

I'm primarily asking just in case there's a good reason the have them all in one that I hadn't considered.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I typically try to create one stm network regardless if parts are connected.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
pault34
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I typically set seperate networks (I.e. North Basin, South Basin, Offsite, etc...). Adding Catchment areas and connecting them to my inlets.  This way when I export to Storm/Sanitary Anaylsis Module I don't have to mess around too much more.  I name my inlets (#1, #2, #3..) and I use pipe labels in the sheets, from my drainage, streets, & storm sheets.  So if I change anything it ripples through the plan set. 

Also when I do QTO I can track quantities better if I split them, as I'm creating reports that I keep with the various changes, so that I can track myself. Custom your report output and you can make a nice digital booklet of your project info.  And its easier for someone else to come back behind me and see how I got everything, from quantities to my basin assumptions.

Water and Wastewater follow theat same practice and management level.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report