Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change the scale for the viewport for bands, contour labels, etc?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1139 Views, 10 Replies

How do you change the scale for the viewport for bands, contour labels, etc?

My bands usually became very big and hard to manage when I'm finally setting up my layout view

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

Regen All should fix it. What I do when manually making view port is to save views in MS, then restore in the vports and set the scale.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Does that really work? For me, for Regen All to work I have to make the annotations in my model view really small so they won't be so big in layout view

How do you do this save views in MS?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Not sure if this will work, but also update you Annotation Scale of the viewport, not just the Scale.

Another guess, have you set the Page Setup Manager to the proper paper size?
Message 5 of 11
Jeff_M

Be sure to set the ModelSpace annotation scale equal to what your VP annotation scale will be. Then you should be seeing the same size fonts in both MS and the VP.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 11
Neilw_05

When you create a new drawing it will have a default layout with a sheet size of 8 1/2 by 11 (assuming you have not changed the default settings for new layouts). When you first access that layout, the viewport will be zoomed out to the extents of your model space which will be a very large scale for such a small sheet. Because of the large zoom scale all the annotation will be sized accordingly to large text heights which makes a mess such as you show in your screen capture. As you zoom the viewport to smaller scales and Regen, the text sizes will adjust and become more readable. So once you set up your sheet size and set the viewport scale to a realistic size the annotation should rescale and cleanup with a REGEN.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 11
Neilw_05

After a second look at your screen capture I may have misdiagnosed your problem. Some of your profile text is readable and some is not. Therefore I suspect you have made changes to some of the text heights in the style that are out of proportion with the rest. Remember C3D will multiply your text height settings in the style according to your drawing scale. So if you want your text to plot at 0.1" high on your sheets, you should set the text height in your style to 0.1. If you want it to plot at 0.2" high, set it to 0.2 in the style, and so on. When the text is displayed in a viewport, C3D will multiply the text heights by the viewport scale to make them plot at the right height.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 11
mathewkol

And make sure your plot scale is 1:1.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

How do you set MS annotation scale and VP annotation scale?

Also, please see my attachments, this is what my model and layout look like. Basically, I want my layout to look the same as the model with the same sizes for annotations

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

The MS annotation scale is at the bottom right in your first image that says "1:1000." Click that to change it.

As for the VP annotation scale you need to select the VP and hit ch or pr (to open up properties) and it should be listed there.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

One more thing to check is your drawing units vs layout plot scale. If one is metric and other imperial it could cause a problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report