Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i rotate the points to fit in

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bigexploit
387 Views, 6 Replies

how do i rotate the points to fit in

i created a database from joel slab point file i uploaded

Then i have to translate the database joel slab to GEOTEX POINT FILE i uploaded also but to rotate the joel slab points to geotex point becomes difficult. 

I DONT KNOW HOW TO ROTATE IT TO BE THE SAME THING AS GEOTEX because most of the points are the same apart from level 01 point.

In the real world:

S3=S3B

S4=S4B

G75=G75B

G89=G89B

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: bigexploit

In the real world

The world you're talking about is NOT real indeed, sir.

1. in the true world, coordinates belonging to 10^3 order don't exist (see JOEL SLAB 2.txt)
  2. in the true world, northing coordinates like 97,98 don't exist (see geotex2.txt)

Please convert everything to UTM coordinates (for instance) and come back here: good luck!

Message 3 of 7
bigexploit
in reply to: antoniovinci

hmmmmmmmm

Maybe you did not understand my problem.

I had two text files, one is joel slab and the other is geotex.

Now i created a database from joel slab point file and translate the database to geotex point file. The result is what you saw on the transformation drawing i also uploaded.

WHERE YOU GET 97,98 NORTH IS WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND.

The point with description(level01) was actually the point that i measured new and i needed it.

So if i rotate it with the correct angle and they are fixed the way the point number 2 (joel slab)was fitted with point number 13(geotex),  then i will be glad.

Message 4 of 7
Pointdump

Big,

You've probably already figured out that the Survey Database doesn't allow you to easily move points. I think what you'll have to do is either a ROTATE or ALIGN by selecting Drawing Points. Once you're happy with them, then you'll need to re-Import them into your Database.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 7
bigexploit
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave ,
when i translated the database i could not figure out the angle i should used to rotate it.
so all am asking how do i know the angle
thanks for your input.
Message 6 of 7
Pointdump

Big,

Since you've got one common point, two inverses and a little math will give you your rotation angle. That's the hard way. The easy way is to use the ALIGN command and select the drawing points you want to rotate. Then you'd need to re-import the rotated points back into the Survey Database. 

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 7
bigexploit
in reply to: Pointdump

waoooh waoooh thanks so much pretty easy and simple it works

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report