Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Make a Road Corridor be Above a Terrain Surface?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Akpodelta
1176 Views, 5 Replies

How do I Make a Road Corridor be Above a Terrain Surface?

I am having problems with my civil 3d drawing. I have a surface for the terrain and then i created corridors for various roads. However, 1. The daylight i used does not meet the target terrain surface.??? 2. Some parts of the road corridor look like they are below the terrain surface especially where the profile for finish ground is below existing ground. Help please!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: Akpodelta

Very confusing post. You say your road profile is below the existing ground, but you're surprised that your corridor is below the terrain. This sounds perfectly normal to me

I guess it would help if you defined "terrain" and "existing ground" and provided a sketch.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

The description sounds like a problem hiding the existing surface within the corridor extents.  The simplest solution would be to use the surface boundary from the corridor as a mask in the existing surface.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
Akpodelta

The terrain and existing ground are one and the same. The problem is: when i render the drawing, at some sections of the existing ground the road corridor is visible while at others it is not visible. I want to present the drawing as a rendered existing ground surface with road corridors seen. For example a drivers track center with all the road tracks visible.
Message 5 of 6
Akpodelta
in reply to: sboon

How do i mask it? What is the tool and how do i do it?
Message 6 of 6
sboon

Here's an example from one of the tutorial drawings.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report