Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import an LDT alignment into a C3D project?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
298 Views, 16 Replies

How do I import an LDT alignment into a C3D project?

I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil 3D project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find any options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the horizontal data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D alignment editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. Check the Help for particulars. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... > I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil 3D > project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find any > options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? > > >
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't see any opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw them..even if by picking the graphics! "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the horizontal > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. > > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D alignment > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. Check > the Help for particulars. > > -- > Don Reichle > "King Of Work-Arounds" > Barghausen Consulting Engineers > Kent, WA USA > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > On WIN2K SP4 > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > 512MB RAM > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil > 3D >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find > any >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >> >> >> > > >
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Hey Neil; While you were reading, I was Searching... Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) Posted by: bigwill73 Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, from what I remember. Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a screen capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... > I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't see any > opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw > them..even if by picking the graphics! > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... > > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the horizontal > > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. > > > > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D alignment > > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. Check > > the Help for particulars. > > > > -- > > Don Reichle > > "King Of Work-Arounds" > > Barghausen Consulting Engineers > > Kent, WA USA > > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > > On WIN2K SP4 > > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > > 512MB RAM > > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > > > > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... > >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil > > 3D > >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find > > any > >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

I can get the alignments into a drawing, but there does not seem to be any way to migrate them into the project from the drawing. I can't see how to get any alignments into the project via LandXML either, although I have not spent alot of time researching this. I am hoping someone can give me a clue as I am really hard pressed in tackling several software issues with higher priority. "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41d9c37b$1_1@newsprd01... > Hey Neil; > > While you were reading, I was Searching... > Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) > Posted by: bigwill73 > Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) > > > Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short > stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, > from > what I remember. > > Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a > screen > capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. > > -- > Don Reichle > "King Of Work-Arounds" > Barghausen Consulting Engineers > Kent, WA USA > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > On WIN2K SP4 > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > 512MB RAM > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... >> I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't see > any >> opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw >> them..even if by picking the graphics! >> >> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >> news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... >> > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the > horizontal >> > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. >> > >> > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D > alignment >> > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. > Check >> > the Help for particulars. >> > >> > -- >> > Don Reichle >> > "King Of Work-Arounds" >> > Barghausen Consulting Engineers >> > Kent, WA USA >> > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >> > On WIN2K SP4 >> > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >> > 512MB RAM >> > NVIDIA 32MB AGP >> > >> > >> > "Neil W" wrote in message >> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a > Civil >> > 3D >> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot >> >> find >> > any >> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> > > >
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Neil, Without knowing anything about Land XML I started in Land Desktop and exported the alignments following the prompts and reading the user interface. I then imported the alignments into Civil 3D in the same way. Are you sure you have actually tried this? I also found a command to import LDD data and imported alignments with that command. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c993$1_3@newsprd01... >I can get the alignments into a drawing, but there does not seem to be any >way to migrate them into the project from the drawing. I can't see how to >get any alignments into the project via LandXML either, although I have not >spent alot of time researching this. I am hoping someone can give me a clue >as I am really hard pressed in tackling several software issues with higher >priority. > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:41d9c37b$1_1@newsprd01... >> Hey Neil; >> >> While you were reading, I was Searching... >> Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) >> Posted by: bigwill73 >> Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) >> >> >> Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short >> stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, >> from >> what I remember. >> >> Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a >> screen >> capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. >> >> -- >> Don Reichle >> "King Of Work-Arounds" >> Barghausen Consulting Engineers >> Kent, WA USA >> LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >> On WIN2K SP4 >> Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >> 512MB RAM >> NVIDIA 32MB AGP >> >> >> "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... >>> I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't see >> any >>> opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw >>> them..even if by picking the graphics! >>> >>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >>> news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... >>> > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the >> horizontal >>> > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. >>> > >>> > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D >> alignment >>> > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. >> Check >>> > the Help for particulars. >>> > >>> > -- >>> > Don Reichle >>> > "King Of Work-Arounds" >>> > Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>> > Kent, WA USA >>> > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>> > On WIN2K SP4 >>> > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>> > 512MB RAM >>> > NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>> > >>> > >>> > "Neil W" wrote in message >>> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >>> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a >> Civil >>> > 3D >>> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot >>> >> find >>> > any >>> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > > >
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

I tried those approaches, but they only bring the alignments into a drawing, not the project. I'll have to spend some time researching this I guess. Thank you for trying though. "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:41d9cd28$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Neil, > > Without knowing anything about Land XML I started in Land Desktop and > exported the alignments following the prompts and reading the user > interface. I then imported the alignments into Civil 3D in the same way. > Are you sure you have actually tried this? > > I also found a command to import LDD data and imported alignments with > that command. > > -- > > Regards, > > > Laurie Comerford > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c993$1_3@newsprd01... >>I can get the alignments into a drawing, but there does not seem to be any >>way to migrate them into the project from the drawing. I can't see how to >>get any alignments into the project via LandXML either, although I have >>not spent alot of time researching this. I am hoping someone can give me a >>clue as I am really hard pressed in tackling several software issues with >>higher priority. >> >> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >> news:41d9c37b$1_1@newsprd01... >>> Hey Neil; >>> >>> While you were reading, I was Searching... >>> Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) >>> Posted by: bigwill73 >>> Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) >>> >>> >>> Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short >>> stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, >>> from >>> what I remember. >>> >>> Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a >>> screen >>> capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. >>> >>> -- >>> Don Reichle >>> "King Of Work-Arounds" >>> Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>> Kent, WA USA >>> LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>> On WIN2K SP4 >>> Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>> 512MB RAM >>> NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>> >>> >>> "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... >>>> I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't see >>> any >>>> opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw >>>> them..even if by picking the graphics! >>>> >>>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >>>> news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... >>>> > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the >>> horizontal >>>> > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. >>>> > >>>> > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D >>> alignment >>>> > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. >>> Check >>>> > the Help for particulars. >>>> > >>>> > -- >>>> > Don Reichle >>>> > "King Of Work-Arounds" >>>> > Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>>> > Kent, WA USA >>>> > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>>> > On WIN2K SP4 >>>> > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>>> > 512MB RAM >>>> > NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > "Neil W" wrote in message >>>> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >>>> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a >>> Civil >>>> > 3D >>>> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot >>>> >> find >>>> > any >>>> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >>>> >> >>>> >> >>>> >> >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > > >
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Neil, What do you mean by Project? In general Civil 3D works with alignments which are in the drawing. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9ce38_3@newsprd01... >I tried those approaches, but they only bring the alignments into a >drawing, not the project. I'll have to spend some time researching this I >guess. Thank you for trying though. > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in > message news:41d9cd28$1_2@newsprd01... >> Hi Neil, >> >> Without knowing anything about Land XML I started in Land Desktop and >> exported the alignments following the prompts and reading the user >> interface. I then imported the alignments into Civil 3D in the same way. >> Are you sure you have actually tried this? >> >> I also found a command to import LDD data and imported alignments with >> that command. >> >> -- >> >> Regards, >> >> >> Laurie Comerford >> www.cadapps.com.au >> >> >> >> "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c993$1_3@newsprd01... >>>I can get the alignments into a drawing, but there does not seem to be >>>any way to migrate them into the project from the drawing. I can't see >>>how to get any alignments into the project via LandXML either, although I >>>have not spent alot of time researching this. I am hoping someone can >>>give me a clue as I am really hard pressed in tackling several software >>>issues with higher priority. >>> >>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >>> news:41d9c37b$1_1@newsprd01... >>>> Hey Neil; >>>> >>>> While you were reading, I was Searching... >>>> Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) >>>> Posted by: bigwill73 >>>> Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) >>>> >>>> >>>> Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short >>>> stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, >>>> from >>>> what I remember. >>>> >>>> Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a >>>> screen >>>> capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Don Reichle >>>> "King Of Work-Arounds" >>>> Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>>> Kent, WA USA >>>> LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>>> On WIN2K SP4 >>>> Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>>> 512MB RAM >>>> NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>>> >>>> >>>> "Neil W" wrote in message >>>> news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... >>>>> I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't >>>>> see >>>> any >>>>> opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw >>>>> them..even if by picking the graphics! >>>>> >>>>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >>>>> news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... >>>>> > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the >>>> horizontal >>>>> > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. >>>>> > >>>>> > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D >>>> alignment >>>>> > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. >>>> Check >>>>> > the Help for particulars. >>>>> > >>>>> > -- >>>>> > Don Reichle >>>>> > "King Of Work-Arounds" >>>>> > Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>>>> > Kent, WA USA >>>>> > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>>>> > On WIN2K SP4 >>>>> > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>>>> > 512MB RAM >>>>> > NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > "Neil W" wrote in message >>>>> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >>>>> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a >>>> Civil >>>>> > 3D >>>>> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot >>>>> >> find >>>>> > any >>>>> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > > >
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Neil; I'm trying not to sound too simplistic here... Once you went through those processes the Alignments should show up in the Prospector as a sub-"folder" of the Site Flyout. The angle attachment to the left of the word Site will now contain a box with a plus in it. When you double-click the word Site they should appear, below and to the right. Did you look there for them? And also be aware that C3D is a different "beast" than LDT, there is no Project with data stored in a separate folder(s) per se like LDT. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9ce38_3@newsprd01... > I tried those approaches, but they only bring the alignments into a drawing, > not the project. I'll have to spend some time researching this I guess. > Thank you for trying though. > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message > news:41d9cd28$1_2@newsprd01... > > Hi Neil, > > > > Without knowing anything about Land XML I started in Land Desktop and > > exported the alignments following the prompts and reading the user > > interface. I then imported the alignments into Civil 3D in the same way. > > Are you sure you have actually tried this? > > > > I also found a command to import LDD data and imported alignments with > > that command. > > > > -- > > > > Regards, > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > > > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c993$1_3@newsprd01... > >>I can get the alignments into a drawing, but there does not seem to be any > >>way to migrate them into the project from the drawing. I can't see how to > >>get any alignments into the project via LandXML either, although I have > >>not spent alot of time researching this. I am hoping someone can give me a > >>clue as I am really hard pressed in tackling several software issues with > >>higher priority. > >> > >> "Don Reichle" wrote in message > >> news:41d9c37b$1_1@newsprd01... > >>> Hey Neil; > >>> > >>> While you were reading, I was Searching... > >>> Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) > >>> Posted by: bigwill73 > >>> Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) > >>> > >>> > >>> Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short > >>> stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, > >>> from > >>> what I remember. > >>> > >>> Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a > >>> screen > >>> capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. > >>> > >>> -- > >>> Don Reichle > >>> "King Of Work-Arounds" > >>> Barghausen Consulting Engineers > >>> Kent, WA USA > >>> LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > >>> On WIN2K SP4 > >>> Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > >>> 512MB RAM > >>> NVIDIA 32MB AGP > >>> > >>> > >>> "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... > >>>> I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't see > >>> any > >>>> opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw > >>>> them..even if by picking the graphics! > >>>> > >>>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message > >>>> news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... > >>>> > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the > >>> horizontal > >>>> > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. > >>>> > > >>>> > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D > >>> alignment > >>>> > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. > >>> Check > >>>> > the Help for particulars. > >>>> > > >>>> > -- > >>>> > Don Reichle > >>>> > "King Of Work-Arounds" > >>>> > Barghausen Consulting Engineers > >>>> > Kent, WA USA > >>>> > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > >>>> > On WIN2K SP4 > >>>> > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > >>>> > 512MB RAM > >>>> > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > >>>> > > >>>> > > >>>> > "Neil W" wrote in message > >>>> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... > >>>> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a > >>> Civil > >>>> > 3D > >>>> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot > >>>> >> find > >>>> > any > >>>> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> > > >>>> > > >>>> > > >>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

A Civil 3d "Project" can currently only contain points and surfaces. The Civil 3D dwg in some ways can be considered a project. It can contain alignments, profiles, cross-sections, parcels, etc. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... > I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil 3D > project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find any > options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? > > >
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I want my alignments to be available in the Project so that it can be checked in or out just like a surface or points group. This way it is available to any drawing that is created for a project. So far I have only been able to get the alignment into an individual drawing, but there is no way to make it available to other drawings in the project. I see Angel provides insight. Apparently there is no way to make an alignment part of a project. "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9ce38_3@newsprd01... >I tried those approaches, but they only bring the alignments into a >drawing, not the project. I'll have to spend some time researching this I >guess. Thank you for trying though. > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in > message news:41d9cd28$1_2@newsprd01... >> Hi Neil, >> >> Without knowing anything about Land XML I started in Land Desktop and >> exported the alignments following the prompts and reading the user >> interface. I then imported the alignments into Civil 3D in the same way. >> Are you sure you have actually tried this? >> >> I also found a command to import LDD data and imported alignments with >> that command. >> >> -- >> >> Regards, >> >> >> Laurie Comerford >> www.cadapps.com.au >> >> >> >> "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9c993$1_3@newsprd01... >>>I can get the alignments into a drawing, but there does not seem to be >>>any way to migrate them into the project from the drawing. I can't see >>>how to get any alignments into the project via LandXML either, although I >>>have not spent alot of time researching this. I am hoping someone can >>>give me a clue as I am really hard pressed in tackling several software >>>issues with higher priority. >>> >>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >>> news:41d9c37b$1_1@newsprd01... >>>> Hey Neil; >>>> >>>> While you were reading, I was Searching... >>>> Creating Alignments from existing polyline and AU (4 replies) >>>> Posted by: bigwill73 >>>> Date: Dec/09/04 - 01:51 (GMT) >>>> >>>> >>>> Check that one out. I distinctly remember using LandXML during my short >>>> stint with C3D to do just what you're attempting. Worked like a charm, >>>> from >>>> what I remember. >>>> >>>> Hopefully someone else with access to the current product can share a >>>> screen >>>> capture, or explain better where the LandXML Import is found. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Don Reichle >>>> "King Of Work-Arounds" >>>> Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>>> Kent, WA USA >>>> LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>>> On WIN2K SP4 >>>> Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>>> 512MB RAM >>>> NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>>> >>>> >>>> "Neil W" wrote in message >>>> news:41d9c231$1_3@newsprd01... >>>>> I looked for a way to import the alignments via Land XML and didn't >>>>> see >>>> any >>>>> opotion to do so. Certainly there must be a better way than to redraw >>>>> them..even if by picking the graphics! >>>>> >>>>> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >>>>> news:41d9c09f$1_1@newsprd01... >>>>> > If you're talking about pre-existing FG profiles along with the >>>> horizontal >>>>> > data, you might want to use LandXML to handle the import. >>>>> > >>>>> > Otherwise I have seen it mentioned here that you can use the C3D >>>> alignment >>>>> > editor to pick the graphics it sounds like you've already imported. >>>> Check >>>>> > the Help for particulars. >>>>> > >>>>> > -- >>>>> > Don Reichle >>>>> > "King Of Work-Arounds" >>>>> > Barghausen Consulting Engineers >>>>> > Kent, WA USA >>>>> > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 >>>>> > On WIN2K SP4 >>>>> > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 >>>>> > 512MB RAM >>>>> > NVIDIA 32MB AGP >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > "Neil W" wrote in message >>>>> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >>>>> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a >>>> Civil >>>>> > 3D >>>>> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot >>>>> >> find >>>>> > any >>>>> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > > > >
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

You can't add alignments to a project in C3D. The only things that are project based are surface and alignments. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

So if I understand correctly, in order to use my alignments in multiple drawings, I will have to import it into each drawing? If I edit the alignment in one drawing, how do I update it in the other drawings? "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:41d9d145$1_1@newsprd01... >A Civil 3d "Project" can currently only contain points and surfaces. The > Civil 3D dwg in some ways can be considered a project. It can contain > alignments, profiles, cross-sections, parcels, etc. > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil > 3D >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find > any >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >> >> >> > > >
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

D'oh! Should have read further. Sorry. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Neil, Pending Autodesk adding Alignments to the "Project" you can use Map queries to update other drawings, or Xrefs. Like so many other items with Civil 3D you need to have a different approach to using the program efficiently. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Neil W" wrote in message news:41daa9f1$1_3@newsprd01... > So if I understand correctly, in order to use my alignments in multiple > drawings, I will have to import it into each drawing? If I edit the > alignment in one drawing, how do I update it in the other drawings? > > "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message > news:41d9d145$1_1@newsprd01... > >A Civil 3d "Project" can currently only contain points and surfaces. The > > Civil 3D dwg in some ways can be considered a project. It can contain > > alignments, profiles, cross-sections, parcels, etc. > > > > Angel Espinoza > > KETIV Technologies > > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... > >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil > > 3D > >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find > > any > >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

The idea of "Only draw it once" is certainly still very important and currently a bit of a challenge. There are a few methods to ultimately prepare a set of construction documents. The more complex the project the greater the challenge. Even with Land Desktop only the project could we be certain contained the latest definition of an alignment (or parcel, or surface). We could of course, at any point, import an alignment. But, aside from that, we were never absolutely positive that the alignment depicted in any dwg was current. We always maintained a base(s) that we considered accurate. Data management and team communication was paramount. With fear of stating the obvious this is what I see. With Civil 3D the more intuitive viable methods to complete a project are (in no particular order): 1. Everything in one drawing. Civil Data and Construction Documents. Clearly suited to only tiny design teams and small projects. There would be many layouts and many layers to manage. 2. We can create all Civil Data in 1 dwg and xref it into our Construction Documents (CD's). 1 data dwg constricts designing to 1 person at a time. 3. We can create Civil Data in multiple dwg and xref into CD'd. Managing multiple data drawings that do not directly inter-relate can be a challenge. 3. We can design in Civil 3D and migrate the data to LDT. From here we follow old methods. (I will defer why this is attractive to another discussion altogether.) Clearly, based on Civil 3D's (C3D) current capabilities we must be creative/innovative. Doing things "the old way" is not possible. Just like there are many ways different companies use LDt there will be different ways of using C3D. Some methods better than others. What will work best for you needs careful analysis. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies Fullerton, CA "Neil W" wrote in message news:41daa9f1$1_3@newsprd01... > So if I understand correctly, in order to use my alignments in multiple > drawings, I will have to import it into each drawing? If I edit the > alignment in one drawing, how do I update it in the other drawings? > > "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message > news:41d9d145$1_1@newsprd01... > >A Civil 3d "Project" can currently only contain points and surfaces. The > > Civil 3D dwg in some ways can be considered a project. It can contain > > alignments, profiles, cross-sections, parcels, etc. > > > > Angel Espinoza > > KETIV Technologies > > > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... > >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a Civil > > 3D > >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot find > > any > >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Will a Map query update an alignment? Or would it simply bring in the elements as dumb objects? Sorrry I don't have time to experiment with all this. "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:41dae954_2@newsprd01... > Hi Neil, > > Pending Autodesk adding Alignments to the "Project" you can use Map > queries > to update other drawings, or Xrefs. > > Like so many other items with Civil 3D you need to have a different > approach > to using the program efficiently. > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:41daa9f1$1_3@newsprd01... >> So if I understand correctly, in order to use my alignments in multiple >> drawings, I will have to import it into each drawing? If I edit the >> alignment in one drawing, how do I update it in the other drawings? >> >> "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message >> news:41d9d145$1_1@newsprd01... >> >A Civil 3d "Project" can currently only contain points and surfaces. The >> > Civil 3D dwg in some ways can be considered a project. It can contain >> > alignments, profiles, cross-sections, parcels, etc. >> > >> > Angel Espinoza >> > KETIV Technologies >> > >> > "Neil W" wrote in message >> > news:41d9b9e4$1_3@newsprd01... >> >> I have an LDT project with alignments that I want to import into a > Civil >> > 3D >> >> project. I can get the alignments into a C3D drawing, but I cannot >> >> find >> > any >> >> options to get it into the C3D project. Am I missing something? >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report