Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a cartogramma?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scott.holland
295 Views, 2 Replies

How do I delete a cartogramma?

I have downloaded and installed the Cartogramma extension for Civil 3D 2012.  It did exactly what I was looking for but now I just have one problem.  How do I get rid of it?  Now that it's created in my drawing it automatically updates every time I rebuild my corridor.  The update takes a significant amount of time to complete and I have to disable my undo log or it will crash Civil 3D.

I've erased all objects that it creates but when it updates everything comes back.  I was going to try to use the "erase cartogramma" function but that allows me to pick one object at a time and I have about 75,000 objects to clear everything out.

I'm sure I can probably uninstall the extension and that would keep it from updating but it is a fairly useful tool so I'd like to learn how to use it properly.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: scott.holland

There is a tool to delete the cartogramma in the same location as create or edit one.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
scott.holland
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Are you referring to the "erase cartogramma" function listed with Create and Edit?  I tried that but when I select an object within the cartogramma nothing happens, it just keeps asking me to select a cartogramma.  Since the cartogramma is made up of separate objects I have no idea which one of those objects is the "key" object to select.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report