Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I customize Pipe Structure's Inner diameters?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pgeorge00
2594 Views, 4 Replies

How do I customize Pipe Structure's Inner diameters?

At the moment I'm trying to make a sewage pipe network, and I need something with a 7' diameter manhole.

I'm trying to use Concentric Cylindrical Structures, and I'm not able to make or use a part size with an 84 in. diameter.

Is it possible for me to enter in my own value for that property, instead of having to use the pull-down menu?

Thanks for your help,
P. George
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pgeorge00

pgeorge00 wrote:
> At the moment I'm trying to make a sewage pipe network, and I need
> something with a 7' diameter manhole.
>
> I'm trying to use Concentric Cylindrical Structures, and I'm not able
> to make or use a part size with an 84 in. diameter.
>
> Is it possible for me to enter in my own value for that property,
> instead of having to use the pull-down menu?
>
> Thanks for your help, P. George

You have to customize parts with partbuilder.

good luck.

--
Jason Hickey

Civil 3D 2008, SP1
Dell Precision M70
2 GIG RAM, 256 MB nVidia Quadro FX Go1400
Intel Centrino 2 gHz Processor

www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 5
dgordon

I had the same trouble but with a different part of the concentric cyndrical structure. I needed a floor thickness of zero so that my structures could look the way they always did in the profile view of our plans.

adding a new size in part builder is not difficult at all. You just have to find the right variable. The naming convention of the parts is only 3 letters and is a little confusing. floor thickness turned out to be Fth. makes sense once you figure out what it is. But I can tell you it wasn't my first choice 🙂

I suggest you open the part in partbuilder and have a look at the variables you can change and add. Shouldn't be too difficult to find the inner diameter.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 5
clarkma5

I'm having a similar issue but I'm farther along. I have a 54" inside diameter eccentric cone sanitary sewer manhole with an associated style. However, the structure diameter was set to 48" because there was no 54" in the drop down list. I used the part builder to add 54" to the list and then went into my parts list and added that part size of 54" and associated it with my 54" style.

But I still don't have that 54" size available to me in the drop-down menu under structure properties! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this 54" size available to me in the drop down list even after creating it in the parts builder and adding it to my parts list. Any ideas?

I am using Civil3D 2014.

Message 5 of 5
clarkma5
in reply to: clarkma5

Ah ha! I just got it. Instead of trying to edit the diameter in the structure properties, I just went to "swap part" under the right click menu for the structure and swapped it for the new part I had just created and added to the parts list!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report