Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the colors in the "open drawing" dialog box

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2149 Views, 8 Replies

How do I change the colors in the "open drawing" dialog box

I am using Civil3D 2015 with the dark color theme.  When I select the open files option from the new tab, or from the file pull-down menu, the area on the left side of the dialog box with the favorites list has white text for the description, and the background for this area is a light blue.  This color combination is very hard to read, and just plain sucks.  How do I change this aweful default setting?  Attached is a clip image showing an example of what I am refering to.  

Thank you to anyone that can show me how to fix this.

Tony

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

That White font is controlled by the Windows font settings.

Please see my previous post here for instructions.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you.

Fax 503/872-4101
Cell 971/227-9818
Email tony.pritchett@abam.com

BergerABAM
700 Northeast Multnomah Street, Suite 900
Portland, Oregon 97232-4189
http://www.abam.com

Notice: This message and/or any attachments are private or privileged. If you are not the person for whom this message is intended, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or send this message to anyone else. Prior to use of this email message or its attachments, the intended recipient agrees to the terms of use outlined on BergerABAM's intellectual property link at www.abam.com. Any such use indicates recipient's acceptance of the statements and conditions of permitted use without exception.Please consider the environment when printing this email
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Perfect.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 9
rshort

Microsoft obsoleted the "Advanced Appearance Settings" in Windows 10.

You will have to modify this one setting inside your Registry.

I found my color by typing "COLOR" in the command prompt in AutoCAD, "TRUE COLOR" tab, selected inside the box for a close view and then used the slide bar to darken or lighten.

Then your RGB number will be listed.
Highlight and Copy your "RGB Color"

1. Select the Window icon on you Taskbar
2. Type "REGEDIT" and hit "Enter"
3. Select  "YES"
This is only for nervous poeple like me. I select the "FILE"
dropdown and "EXPORT" a copy to my desktop.
4. then double click "Computer" to open the full tree,
     unless it's already open to the full tree.
5. double click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
6. double click "Control Panel"
7. double click "Colors"
8. double click "InactiveTitle"
9. In the "VALUE DATA" paste your value of your
chosen Color or Shade. Remove commas and
leave the space in between the numbers.
10. Restart your PC

Message 6 of 9
lovecraft
in reply to: rshort

This is directed to rshort....your solution works well, but I'm wondering (btw, not that it matters, but I am not a Civil 3D user - just plain ACAD), do you find that setting the colors in the registry editor doesn't stick, and that after a few re-starts (although the number of re-starts seems random), the colors in the open dialogue would revert to what you saw before you made the change?

Thanks, LC 🤔

Message 7 of 9
jowie6XC4P
in reply to: Jay_B

im having the same prob, can i ask on what particular post

Message 8 of 9
rshortacad
in reply to: lovecraft

Hey lovecraft, No it doesn't matter Mech, Civil.....etc., if it's using AutoCAD as it's drafting platform.

Yes, if Lock Screen is applied, Screen Saver turns on, anything that hiccups the PC without having to go back through the registry seems to turn it back to cyan background.

Windows 7 used to let us change this within the OS, but Windows 8, 10 & 11 removed it.

I have been through every scenario with Windows, AutoCAD, Windows Technical Support and Autodesk Technical Support, trying to get this horrible color combination fixed.

Let me keep working on this problem and I'll get back to you fellow Autodeskians when I find solution for this reverting back.

Message 9 of 9
rshort

didn't realize I logged into my home account rshortacad 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report