Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can reportdir be set or viewed?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kbarnettza
12597 Views, 6 Replies

How can reportdir be set or viewed?

Greetings,

I am trying to set up custom reports.

I found the landxml reporting program under the 'landxml reporting 8' folder

Tools Options locates / sets the config file.

The config file refers to the %reportdir% setting / variable / thing 

Not knowig how to view or set reportdir, I kept searching for clues..

I have multiple C3D versions installed.  I am trying to set custom reports for 2012. 2014 is also installed. I found that there is a single landxml program doing the work for all versions. On my workstation,  the 2014 report facility is being used in 2012.

It looks like if users need to make a custom report set they must use the landxml reporting program to refer to the custom files. Correct? Or ... have I missed something? Is there a way to view or set reportdir ??

Thx..

Kevin.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: kbarnettza

"I found the landxml reporting program under the 'landxml reporting 8' folder

Tools Options locates / sets the config file."

What location are you referring to where you found the file?

I'm not following what it is you want to do or what you mean by "custom" reports?

Are you getting any related errors when trying to generate reports that it's looking for the wrong version such as

Execute Errors is not exist?

"Not knowig how to view or set reportdir, I kept searching for clues"

Is this the reportdir your referring to?

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Reports\

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
kbarnettza
in reply to: Jay_B

Is this the reportdir your referring to?

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Reports\

Yes thats the value it holds if you only have 2012 installed.. I have 2012 and 2014 installed .. I can see that reportdir is set to the 2014 folder by the actions that are happening, but how do I view or set the ReportDir (and what is it?)

What location are you referring to where you found the file?

I was trying to establish where C3D would start to look for the Report applications set  in the Report Manager

I'm not following what it is you want to do or what you mean by "custom" reports?

Are you getting any related errors when trying to generate reports that it's looking for the wrong version such as

Execute Errors is not exist?

No Errors ... I am using C3D in South Africa, the format of the reports are not consistent with local standards and are not consistent with the manner in which we work in C3D. The 'Country Kit' doees not help, it is just a copy of the default. I can see why - editing the report template is not easy.

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

I have 2013 and 2012 installed and mine shows 2013 as the one being used (but standard reports work fine in 2012).

ReportDir is just an abbreviation for "Report Directory" AFAIK.

The ReportDir folder location is stored in the registry at the following location.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\LandXML Reporting\8\Settings\

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Data\Reports\

I'm pretty sure you are correct that C3d can only read one mapping for LandXml Reports per machine regardless of how many versions of C3d are installed.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
kbarnettza

Thanks Jay.. : )

It looks like I will be needing your help again soon.. some of the numbers I am seeing here are ... a little strange ... but thats will be in a different post.

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

I should also mention that you'll want to be very careful with any registry edits if your unfamiliar with editing the registry.

Good Luck.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 7
kbarnettza

: )   ... format and reinstall from OS up is always fun ...   thx for the advice .. I will tread extrememly carefully in the Reg Editor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report