Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I renumber my points? as shown in attached

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
dilsmails1
2669 Views, 18 Replies

How can I renumber my points? as shown in attached

Hi I need an urgent help, I have some points already have a number. I want to create a coordinate table for it. I created points and civil 3d automatically give me some numbers, but this not fulfilling my requirements. Because the numbering are not in order. How can I renumber my points? as shown in attached. ( green are civil 3d numbering and white are required numbering) Any way to give point numbers by select order ? Please help …..

point numbering.JPG

Dileep
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: dilsmails1

D,

Any sequentially numbered points can be re-numbered easily, like this:

Renumber.png

The non-sequentially numbered points will have to be changed one-by-one.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 19
Jeff_M

See THIS thread, be sure to get the last version posted....

An updated version of this has been added to the Sincpac-C3D addon as well.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

I had forgotten about that thread. An elegant solution indeed!

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 5 of 19
dilsmails1

i read that thread before creating my thread.its not working properly. when i tryed to renumber using this lisp, the point styles becoms (none) no numbers, no coordinates ,no levels. nothing more. any way let me make sure last version was i used.

Dileep
Message 6 of 19
Pointdump

D,

From Jeff:

"There's something internal to C3D which keeps the point from updating on the screen until the command ends, so as you select a point the label will disappear...but it will come back with the new number at the conclusion of the command."

And did you get version 7? I attached it.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 7 of 19
dilsmails1
in reply to: Pointdump

Yes, Its working fine for renumbering only. (eg. we have 100 points in a drawing, it can be renumber by the next number starting 101,102,104,105 etc... But my requirement is, I have 100 points in order less (1,2,56,75,7,38,81,27,…..to 100). I need to renumber the same number (1 as 1, 2 as 2, 56 as 3, 7 as4, 38 as 5, 81 as 6, 27as 7) up to 100

Dileep
Message 8 of 19
Pointdump

D,

It's going to be one of these two settings. I'm not really sure how "Sequence Point Numbers From" works, but see if changing both these numbers to 1 works for you:

Sequence.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 19
Jeff_M

After you use the lisp tool to renumber them in order 101-200, use the C3D command SelectAndEditPointNumbers (Renumber on the ribbon or right-click context menu) to change them to 1-100 by entering -100 to be added to the point number.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 19
TerryDotson

I think you left out 75 which changes your target numbers?

It looks like you want to renumber based on database creation order.   We have added a gizmo for this case.

Command: PNTMULCMD
DS> Option [Convert/Next/Renumber/Status/Zoom] <Status>: R
DS> Renumber Option [All/Database/Increment/Sequential] <All>: D
DS> Starting Number <1>:
DS> Display Changes [Yes/No] <No>: Y
DS> Point (56) Renamed To (3)
DS> Point (75) Renamed To (4)
DS> Point (7) Renamed To (5)
DS> Point (38) Renamed To (6)
DS> Point (81) Renamed To (7)
DS> Point (27) Renamed To (8)
DS> Point (28) Renamed To (9)

We're looking for people to provide testing and feedback for this upcoming product.  Send an email to dotson [at] dotsoft [dot] com with your forum user name (dilsmails) if you are interested.

Message 11 of 19
dilsmails1
in reply to: TerryDotson

what is that Command: PNTMULCMD
Dileep
Message 12 of 19
dilsmails1

sorry sir i am not getting you , can you make it clear 

thanks

Dileep
Message 13 of 19
TerryDotson

It is a command that is added when our upcoming Civil3D add-on "Gizmo3D" is installed.

I have responded to your email with information on the pre-release.

Message 14 of 19
AllenJessup

Export the points to a CSV file and use Excel or similar spread sheet to change the numbers then reimport. BTW. If you have point groups based on point numbers. You're going to have to recreate them.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 15 of 19
neezo89

Hi guys,
I have a problem regarding numbering
Actually I have a block contains a cogo point lets say its no 7
I copy this block in the drawing randomly
and After that I Explode them once a time because I need to deal with the cogo points
the problem that when You explode them the notification appears for each point exploded and saty that till it ends although you put tick
on apply for all points but it still because civil understand the first name each time 7

I removed notify from setting if thereis dublication and forced name and use next counter it stills

Message 16 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: neezo89

Neezo,

Explode first, then copy. Or tuck your COGO points away safely in a CSV file.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 17 of 19
neezo89

Thanks dave
But the block is dynamic containing shape and cogo point
I rotate the whole block to be oriented to the plot access and then stretch the shape ( node circle)
Then u need to explode to deal with the cogo point and asign elevation from my top surface
Message 18 of 19
dilsmails1

Sir I tried many times to re number the points using your program. But it is not working properly all the times. The attached is an example file showing the numbering problem in the cloud and the circle. Please check the attached .dwg file if your valuable time permits. Thanks
Dileep
Message 19 of 19
TerryDotson

This file has no CogoPoints, only a collection of Mtext + (AutoCAD) Points that look like CogoPoints (For example as soon as you open the drawing and refresh the points in the ToolSpace you notice none are listed).  If you used ExportToACAD, please provide the original drawing (also provide the absolute minimum number of points that demonstrates the problem).

Assuming this is what you received from someone else, this content needs to be converted to CogoPoints.  We have handled a good number of combinations (even crossing lines + text) already but this one will require a minor revision.  We need to take the Mtext object, break it into two parts (it's number over elevation) and in this case use the number and discard the elevation (since the adjacent point has proper elevations).

While many others are likely interested in this problem (from their posts), if it becomes specific to Gizmo3D functionality it would be best to discuss it on the Gizmo3D forum (we sent you a login), or direct email.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report