Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get a continuous corridor?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
karlkarpuk
1064 Views, 4 Replies

How can i get a continuous corridor?

Hello!

I have a very basic question about creating corridors. As you can see on the attachment, i created an assembly consisting of ditch and my own polyline subassembly and turned it into a corridor. The ditch part is drawn out correctly, but the other part (supposed to be a gravel road) has only sections in certain points. Does that have to do anything with adding codes and can it be explained here shortly?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: karlkarpuk

Without the ability to examine your corridor properties I can't be sure but it appears to me your frequency settings are suspect. Looking at the screen capture it seems the sections are only being applied at vertical curves and vertical PI's. Check to see which geometry points are checked on in the frequency settings and try a shorter frequency interval.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

There is no such thing as a continuous corridor, there are only sections at certain points.  You have the option to increase the frequency as Neil tated.  Now, what I don't see are lines connecting your road.  Yes, you can use a polyline as an assembly but don't think you're done after you've converted it.  You need to add Point, Link, and Shape codes to make it behave similar to other subassemblies.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
fcernst

You are not getting accurate information here in your quest to learn about the Corridor Object.

The Corridor Object is definitely a continuous longitudinal object with sub-elements that are used to create a contiuous 3D representation of a linear feature. The corridor sections are connected together by longitudinal Feature Lines (not Lines) that connect to Point Code locations on the subassemblies,  and a 3D Chain created by an Alignment (Baseline) and Profile.

Polylines are not used to create Assemblies, but can be used to create subassemblies.

I would suggest practicing with the stock lane Subassemblies attached to an Assembly and watch closely how these elements work together. You can also Hatch and Render your Corridor through the Link Codes, and produce Material Volumes utlizing the Shape Codes..

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 5
doni49
in reply to: fcernst

I just wanted to expand a little bit on what Fred said.

A big part of my confusion when I was first trying to figure out corridors was the whole issue of points, links and codes.

Here's what I've learned about them in a nutshell.  I originally wrote this for co-workers in my office to be able to use the sub-assembly composer to create a custom SA.

When you create a Point, Link or Shape (excluding the Auxiliary types), each of them have a “Code” property. This is the code that will appear within Civil 3D and allow you to create feature lines and shapes.

1. A code entry can actually contain multiple codes as long as they are separated by a comma.
  2. If you create a Point with a code assigned to it, it will appear in Civil 3D as a Featureline between this point in one assembly instance and its corresponding point within the next assembly instance.
  3. If you create a Link with a code assigned to it, it will appear in Civil 3D as a shape in plan view.
    1. The two points within one assembly instance will be connected and will represent one side of a shape.
    2. The two points will be connected to their corresponding points in the next assembly instance to create two more sides of the shape.
    3. And the corresponding points in the next assembly instance will be connected to create the fourth side of the shape.
  4. If you create a Shape with a code assigned to it, it will appear in Civil 3d as a shape in Cross Section view (it will appear much the same as it does in the SAC preview window).
  5. The code(s) must be entered as text strings enclosed in quote marks. If you do not use quote marks, SAC will assume you’re attempting to enter a variable. (The use of a variable here can be an extremely beneficial idea).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report