Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourglass at the curser problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
richie_hodgson
985 Views, 5 Replies

Hourglass at the curser problem

Some of my Civil3D 2010 users are experiencing an hourglass that periodically stays at the curser and doesn't go away untill shut down of Civil3D. I have never had it, two of the users have the same spec machine I have. Hardware acceleration has been turned on and roll over tool tips is turned off to see if this may be a problem but ito no avail. I have got them to audit or purge their drawings to no avail. Has anyone else had/solved this problem? These are quite small files too.

Richie
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: richie_hodgson

Yes. Same problem here.

Happens a lot as soon as you hover the mouse over the SSM palette.

If you click on a drawing name, it starts again.

Frequently, when it finally stops and you double-click a DWG to open it (from the SSM), it starts again, giving you the impression that the drawing is opening, but then nothing actually happens.

(BTW: this is C3D 2011, on Win7x64)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: rkmcswain

I have the same issue, but only when I bring my laptop home to work.  I have no issues with this when I am at work and connected to the network.  It is very annoying and it doesn't go away until I shut down C3D, but then it doesn't take long for it to start doing it again.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 6
GlennPope
in reply to: richie_hodgson

To get rid of it go to the Toolspace palette. In the Prospector tab switch from "Active Drawing Viewer" to "Master View", or vise versa. Usually it doesn't come back in that session for me.

Glenn Pope
Civil Designer/CAD Manager
Green Civil Design
Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: GlennPope

@GlennPope wrote:

To get rid of it go to the Toolspace palette. In the Prospector tab switch from "Active Drawing Viewer" to "Master View", or vise versa. Usually it doesn't come back in that session for me.

Didn't help here unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the filesize, because the larger the drawing, the longer it pauses. But I just don't understand why... why does it have to read the DWG file just to click on the name in SSM?

Untitled.gif

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
GlennPope
in reply to: rkmcswain

I don't believe that is the issue Richie is having. There is an issue where you get the hourglass, or ring in Win 7, that pops up and will not go away. Usally starts when meassing with a C3D object. Then hangs around the curser no matter where you go in C3D. You can still work, it's just annoying. Switching the drawing view in the Prospector tab is the only why I have found to get rid of it without restarting C3D.

Glenn Pope
Civil Designer/CAD Manager
Green Civil Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report