Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hints for corridor with retaning wall

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
normans
324 Views, 2 Replies

Hints for corridor with retaning wall

Hi all,

Looking for suggestions:

Am designing drieway on steep hillside. Would like to include option for a retaining wall on the upslope side to reduce the amount of cut. I have had a little luck using the ret wall assy from acad. The missing part is how to control the wall height. Right now my corridor looks good but with 10 - 11" wall. I would like to control the wall height to about 4 feet.

I believe one way is to extact a feature line from my corridor and use that as target for the wall height. This is stated in the help for the sub-assy. I assume the flow would be to extract the ETW f-line and raise it to the desired wall height and then use that as the target for the wall. Haven't discovered how to assign the ext. line as target yet, but I'm digging out the book! Thanks in advance. Newbie!

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: normans

One way to tackle this is to use a conditional cut/fill assembly. If the end point is in cut>4' add a wall subassembly with a fixed height of 4'. If you want a benched wall you can repeat the cut/fill conditional and add a bench then another wall.  Repeat until Cut<4'

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 3
normans
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thank you for the suggestion. I will see if I can make that work.

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report