Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highway Cross Sections using Sample Lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pringles1987
1156 Views, 5 Replies

Highway Cross Sections using Sample Lines

Hi All,

Hopefully somebody can be of assistance, I have a highway and have created a sample line group to create my cross section and have displayed my cross sections without any issues. Currently my cross sections have three bands, Existing Level, Proposed Level and Offsets from CL. The existing levels are given at consistent intervals (1m intervals i think) which is fine, however the proposed levels are also shown at the same intervals. This means that while a lot of proposed information is shown across the cross section, the crucial information i.e, back of kerb, top of kerb, channel line and centreline is not always shown on the cross section.

Can anybody assist me in getting the Proposed Levels showing just the back of kerb, top of kerb CL etc. and getting the Offsets from CL to show the offsets for the Channel Line, top of kerb etc.

Hopefully i explained my scenario ok, any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for sharing your expertise! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Those labels are controlled by the Code Set Styles. They use the Point and Link codes to label the critical places, ETW, Crown, etc.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: pringles1987

I dont do much cross section deliverables but ZI'm guessing in the band style composer you can pick these point to lable (sort of like profile geometry is avalable) It might want to be its own band? 

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: pringles1987

If you don't know code set styles, there are a few good classes regarding code set styles on the Autodesk University website.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6

Yep Pringles... 

You can probably get what you want by using the surface selection “section 1 and 2”/configuring your styles and removing weeding.

First to help you understand the two section selections

Once you have this worked out you will want to make sure you have a style that is displaying elevations at “grade breaks and using the “section 2 elevations”

Then you should be laughing!

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 6 of 6

The section shown below uses a combination of Band and Code Sets.  The band uses Section 1 as the EG and Section 2 is the Datum.  The Code Set uses the Point and Link styles to label other components of the corridor.  The offsets for EDGE BASE TAPER, ETW, CROWN & R.O.W. were all configurable, as well as the % slope of the pavement and the grade of the daylight.2014-08-19_10-25-59.jpg

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report