Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding road corridor surface

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
najeebcad
1762 Views, 7 Replies

Hiding road corridor surface

Hi,

I'am doing the pipe network, selected surface is road corridor surface.

Little hard to insert structure in plan (corridor surface is messed up with more lines). is it possible to hide the surface? (attachment 01) , any issues for hiding the surface (like  structure will place in the specified surface, profile will show the structure rim referenced to corridor surface etc..)

Is it possible to keep only curb  and footpath edge in plan view(as per the assembly model) ?

Please advice

thanks

najeeb

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
civilspace
in reply to: najeebcad

Yes - If you don't already have one, create a surface style where all the parts are hidden (triangles, contours, etc.).  If your structures and pipes reference the surface, it will not affect them at all.  To get the edges etc of the pathways, curbs, etc, use the Corridor Feature lines.

Regards,
Anthony
Message 3 of 8
najeebcad
in reply to: civilspace

Dear Anthony.,

Thanks for your kind information 

All done, except some lines (Magenta color) layer not found (attachment 01), what are these lines ?,  Is this related to sample lines? (Sample line display is in OFF mode)

Also is it possible to take copy from corridor feature lines (curb or footpath edge) for offset or other purpose ?

Kindest regards

najeeb

Message 4 of 8
civilspace

Hi,

To get rid of the magenta lines (they're called Links), go the Corridor Properties, Codes Tab, and set the Code Set Style to something like Corridor Design (No Links). 

To get those curb/walkway lines, in Corridor Properties, go to the Feature Lines tab, and put a check in the "Connect" box for the codes that you want to connect.  Then, give each Code a Feature Line Style (which is where you control how and which lines are derived form the corridor).

Regards,
Anthony
Message 5 of 8
najeebcad
in reply to: civilspace

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply

For codes I did almost like you said, Can you have a look on the attachment - 01,

I notice that the lines color changed from Magenta to other, and still I'm not able to hide the lines. (Not sure I had done this on proper way).

For feature lines, we can change only the styles to show up the object? Or any other commands like ''NCOPY'' to get the feature lines from corridor?

Kindest regards

najeeb

Message 6 of 8
civilspace

Hard to say about the links - but take a look at the point styles on the Codes tab as well.  Regarding the extraction of feature lines from the corridor, go to "Corridors" pull-down and then to "Utilities" then to "Create Polyline from Corridor" or the feature line option.

Regards,
Anthony
Message 7 of 8
miked

Hi

The Uncoded link style is most likely set to still show the link.

If you do not have a no show link style create one and edit it to have the link visible off.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 8 of 8
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: miked

Check out the shapes styles in you code set.

Links join the corridor assembly points at each section of the corridor.

The shapes fill the areas between the links, and can also have borders. Create a shape style that has the Shape Border Line and Shape Area Fill set to non visible for plan, then assign this to all the shapes in you codes set.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report