Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_HIDEOBJECTS NOT _AEC_HIDEOBJECTS

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
clayscott
370 Views, 6 Replies

_HIDEOBJECTS NOT _AEC_HIDEOBJECTS

Hello Autocad geniuses. Recently and suddenly my shortcut menu commands(2015) have started acting differently. After making a selection, I right click for shortcut menu, expand "Isolate objects", and select "hide selected objects". Previously this would hide the objects in the selection set. Now it starts the command AEC_HIDEOBJECTS, and then asks to make a selection(effectively clearing the selection made prior to running the command). How can I change it back to running _Hideobjects as opposed to AEC_Hideobjects. I did not have this problem a week ago, nor do I experience it with 2013. Manually running the command _Hideobjects works fine after making the selection, just miss the workflow of using the shortcut through the menu.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: clayscott

First I have to ask if PICKFIRST is set to 1.

I'm not on 2015 yet so this is extrapolation. Open the CUI and see what command is linke to that rt-clk. If it's AEC_HIDEOBJECTS you can replace it with _Hideobjects.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
clayscott
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

First I have to ask if PICKFIRST is set to 1.

I'm not on 2015 yet so this is extrapolation. Open the CUI and see what command is linke to that rt-clk. If it's AEC_HIDEOBJECTS you can replace it with _Hideobjects.

Allen

That is one way, thank you. The problem sems to be persistant with other commands when executed after making a selection. For instance, I will select a polyline, then select similar, then execute command. It will ask me to select the objects to be hide. The problem is you can not use select similar within a command. Pickfirst=1 Pickadd=2. 

Message 4 of 7
clayscott

Still searching for an answer to this problem. Seems something to do with the selection. Any command that I run after making a selection; clears and prompts me to select objects. Even double clicking on an MText will start a selection command instead of highliting the text for editing. Driving me nuts. I have Pickfirst and Pickadd set the same as 2013, in which I have no problem.

Message 5 of 7
Hidden_Brain

This usually occurs due to the pick* variables. a reset user profile may be in order.
Message 6 of 7
clayscott
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Thanks anyway guys. I tried resetting settings to default to no avail. Seems I was missing migrate.exe. Clean Reinstall worked.

Message 7 of 7
Pointdump

Clay,

Be sure to mark your own post as a "Solution" so that others can benefit.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report