Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with points

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andy_nook
124 Views, 1 Reply

help with points

I am new to Civil 3D....
I am trying to take points from LandDeskTop 2005 to Civil 3d.

I brought in my des key file by using "Import Data from Land Desktop" under general....

Brought in points:
Points-> Create Points-> Import Points....
I selected the points.mbd file from the cogo folder in my LDT project (I have also tried the .auf)

It appears that my points were imported, but they are not on the correct layer, they are on current.

Also I cannot locate some of the points in the drawing. My Top back of curb (TBC) points cannot be seen in the drawing. THey have a raw desc of 312, a full desc of TOP BACK OF CURB - TBC, and they are to go on layer PNT-TBC.

Can anyone help? Why are the points not on the correct layer? Why can't I see TBC points in the drawing? I realize there is a whole new concept in Civil 3D, but i can't figure this out. THanks.......
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nzeeben
in reply to: andy_nook

To get you started the first thing you will need to do is create point styles for your different markers. In Land the desc key specified which symbol to use and the layer the point was to be placed on. In Civil 3D you need to setup a point style for each different marker you have, and in that point style you specify layering. You then use a civil 3D desc key to specify which point style to use. There are some other ways to control the point style as well(Point groups, one by one overrides)but I will leave it at this point for now.
Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report