Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a Diesel script

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chado
589 Views, 5 Replies

Help with a Diesel script

Hello,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me figure out a small diesel script for pulling some characters from files names of drawings

eg,

i have dwg files with a naming scheme that looks like this.

01-C0-01.dwg
02-C0-02.dwg

03-C1-01.dwg

04A-C1-02.dwg <---

04B-C1-03.dwg <---

etc

i would like the script to display the first 2 characters of the file name which i have below.

$(substr,$(getvar,dwgname),1, 2)   

but also display the 3rd (A or B or C) character in the file name only if the 3rd character is not a - (hyphen)

i guess my first question is this possible? becuase i have been trying with no luck and with limited knowledge of diesel scripts etc.

Thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: chado

Here's a link to the if function in the Deisel help. 

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
chado
in reply to: doni49

hi again

thank you i have been toying around with that function for a while now and cant seem to make it work not sure how to implement it into the ex script i have

thanks again for any help you can give

Message 4 of 6
doni49

$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),3,1),"-"),$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,2),$(substr,$(getvar,"dwgname"),1,3))

Edit:  I had the false and true conditions backwards -- if the third character was a hypen, then it showed it.  It's switched.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 6
chado
in reply to: doni49

Thank you very much it works perfect and now i see where i went wrong

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
doni49

Happy to be of assistance.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report