Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!! Structure sumps won't move!

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
therealmarshall
3109 Views, 20 Replies

HELP!!!! Structure sumps won't move!

I have a serious issue. I have a drawing with a fairly large pipe network, and upon making edits this week, my sumps (on the storm system only) stopped functioning correctly. I have most of my sumps set to either 1 or 2'. Most are actually showing at 3-4', but some are about 8' below invert. I have tried using the grip, I have tried changing the sump depth in the properties, even setting the sump to an elevation, but it will NOT change. Swapping the part does not help either. Has anyone seen this problem? I can't afford to loose any more time on this, as it is scheduled to be submitted this week! 😞
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

You can change the Rim to Sump Height - Under the Part Data to the correct height. But this will be quite a chore on a large network. I have fixed the same problem using this method on isolated structures.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram
Message 3 of 21

I have tried changing the value for that, and for the sump depth, but when I click "Apply" it reverts right back to what it was before.
Message 4 of 21

Try toggling the 'Automatic Surface Adjustment' in the structure properties to false then back to true. This will cause the structure to resize.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Message 5 of 21

Yea, I tried that too, it doesn't seem to help. No matter what I do I cannot get the sump to display correctly.
Message 6 of 21

Sorry I couldn't be any help.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Message 7 of 21

I appreciate the effort. Thanks
Message 8 of 21

i have not experienced this particular problem however, with pipes , it seems that on occasions, it depends on how you construct and edit your network.

For instance, i coded in some pipes and structures and then deleted a pipe and a structure, added two more, connected them up. modified the underlying alignment to suit.....and from that point on, I could not add labels to my profile view for that pipe alignment.

I deleted that part of the network and coded it in again by adding pipes and structures first, then using the "Create alignment from network parts" command to make the alignment and the profile view (it was quite small)..... and from then everything went fine.

I suggest that if you are on Subscription (and why should't you be!), make use of the AutoDESK Support Team available to you and log this with them....they will respond.

cheers,
Peter T.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: therealmarshall

have you tried submitting the problem to your subscription support?
sometimes they can get things in front of the developers, etc.

--
Dana Breig Probert, E.I.T.
http://www.civil3d.com
----------------------------------
Civil 3D 2007 SP3 alongside Civil 3D 2008
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.01 GHz
2GB RAM, 256 MB ATI FireGL V5200

AUGI CAD Matinee in Philly May 17
http://www.cadmatinee.com/philadelphia/default.asp for more complete agenda
and registration.
Message 10 of 21

I am currently in contact with The PPI Group tech support, but if they cannot help me I will contact the subscription center support.
Message 11 of 21
mikeevans

Can you attach the file, if needed reduce the size by deleting a lot of the network so we can try to eliminate things and narrow down a fix or a bug?

What version are you on? R2008?
Message 12 of 21

I'm on 2007 right now, I'll post a dwg with just the storm network in a few minutes. Currently Dan Philbrick and autodesk are looking at it so hopefully I can get some kind of solution for my problem soon.
Message 13 of 21

Unfortunately, the smallest I can get the file is 8.5 MB. I have posted it for download with my box.net account, anyone who wants to take a peek, feel free. My email is emarshall@paceng.com if you have any questions (or possibly solutions)
Here's the link:
http://www.box.net/shared/7ejmgjjry2
I've zoomed and centered on one of the structures giving me problems, but you can probably pick any Type 1 CB.
Message 14 of 21
aslejo

Have you try deleting the structure and adding a new one?
That works for me in several occasions.
Message 15 of 21
mikeevans

I looked at the file and tried a few things.

I removed all the rules and added one for sump depth = 0, applied rules and nothing happened.

Tried setting the sump depth = 0 and tried using level and again nothing but if you swap network part as aslejo sudgests them the sump inserts correctly.

I would try - start a new file, set up the parts list as you have them but add the rule - sump depth = 0 to the structure rules. Copy and paste or insert the dwg into the new one. It may correct the sumps on insertion (he says hoping).

Else rename the structure and re insert the same back in then swap parts - need the sump rule as well.
Message 16 of 21

I have tried deleting and replacing a couple, I was just hoping maybe there was an easier solution, as I have about 30 CB's to replace. PPI Group's help was a joke and Dan Philbrick hasn't replied since yesterday, so I'm just going to go ahead and replace the problem CB's. Thanks to everyone who posted!
Message 17 of 21
c__h

Check your pipe network catalog.

We had a similar problem, where a structure would not resize to the surface no matter what.

I checked the catalog, and it was set to imperial instead of metric (which it what the part was from).

Changed that, and it worked properly.
Message 18 of 21

Well it turned out to be operator error. There was a conflict with my parts catalog. All I had to do was change my current catalog to an archived version from a time when everything worked. Easy as that, now everything works and i didn't have to delete any more structures!!! Thank you to Dan Philbrick, Edward Connor, and Gunjan Choudhary for helping solve my problem, they were awesome! (I know they probably won't see this, but who knows?)
Message 19 of 21
jrasd

I believe that i have the same problem, the location of the pipe network catalog has changed from where it was when C3D was installed. Our pipe catalog is on a network drive, however for the convince of having one location for all our support files it seems to be creating just as many problems

Jon
C3D 2007, SP3
Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit
Message 20 of 21
NathanBee

Well what do you know - this problem cropped up in the 2008 SP1 upgrade.

Network drive address was replaced with the default C:\ location.

Simple fix for an annoying problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report