Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help page window appeared during a command-won't close

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shunter62
338 Views, 3 Replies

Help page window appeared during a command-won't close

I was just editing a drawing, used the Matchprop command, and suddenly the Help was up and an illustration of Mapclean appeared and won't clear, short of closing the drawing altogether. I may have hit 2 keys at once by accident to get this error, but I am not sure. I closed C3D & reopened my drawing, but as soon as I used Matchprop the same thing happened again (this time I did not hit 2 keys). I have this dumb image stuck in the middle of my screen. Has anyone else had this experience?
I am using C3D 2012 with all service packs.

Thanks in advance,

Susan H

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: shunter62

Is this an extended tooltip like you get on rollover of a button on the ribbon?

Does it help to turn tooltips off?

Do you get this error in more than one drawing?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
shunter62
in reply to: troma

Hi,

I don't believe it's a tooltip. It seems to be an image or illustration of a topic in the Help web page (Mapclean was just random, I think). I toggled them off & on with no apparent effect.

I closed down again & reopened my file, then removed the offending command from the Quick Access Toolbar. Then I replaced the command back into the QAT from the ribbon. Perhaps the command icon got corrupted in the toolbar. So far, so good. Perhaps an electronic hiccup related to the bitmap on the toolbar?

I'll continue to monitor my drawing & let you know if it happens again. Thanks for the suggestions.

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: shunter62

I'm in 2011.  If I  have extended tooltips on and I hover over a command button I will first get a textual tip, and then after a few seconds a picture appears.  It sounded like that's what you were getting in some glitchy fashion.

Hope you don't see it again!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report