Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me plz..how can i make report of EG cross sections without corridor?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
sb208918
645 Views, 13 Replies

help me plz..how can i make report of EG cross sections without corridor?

I have an existing surface. I created an alignment and have managed to make "multiple cross" section out of the surface without making corridor and its fine. Now, the problem is  I cannot finding any option to make report out of these sections. I need those report very soon..plz guys help me out  I have even attached th dwg file which contains all the data.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jmayo-EE
in reply to: sb208918

You haven't told us us what you need to report.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
sb208918
in reply to: jmayo-EE

My bad..I need a report in excel format as follows: Column1:Chainage Column2:Existing elevation Colum3:Offset from centerline of each cross section. Is it possible?
Message 4 of 14
jmayo-EE

I am very busy today but you should look at the Toolbox and the Reports that it contains. Help and Google will provide more info. I would think you can get that info with a few of the reports and perhaps some points along the CL or offset alignment but there's gonna be some cuttin' and pasting.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
tcorey

Your zip file is invalid. Try it again and I'll take a look.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 14
sb208918

I hope this one will work and thankyou  for you time

Message 7 of 14
sboon
in reply to: tcorey

I was looking at the Toolbox earlier today.  Unfortunately there aren't any reports for Sections.  There is a corridor section points report which might work, but in order to use it you're going to need a corridor.

Create an assembly using two copies of StrippingTopsoil with settings similar to these.  A corridor built from this assembly will have corridor links and points that flow across the EG surface to whatever width you specify.

Clipboard01.png

The report output looks like this.  Hopefully you can cut and paste it into Excel and then manipulate the numbers into the layout you're looking for.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 14
sboon

This file works.  I tried my solution posted earlier on it.  The output file is attached - see if this works for you.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 14
Jeff_M
in reply to: sboon

The Featureline Report has an option to output just Surface data. Looking at the supplied VB.NET code, its is SUPPOSED to work even if there are no corridors present. Of course, in it's present state, it only works if a corridor does exist. After some trial & error debugging, I think I have it working. However, the output leaves a lot to be desired.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 14
fcernst

You don't still happen to have LDD 2004 loaded up do you? If you do,  you can do this very easily...

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 11 of 14
jmayo-EE

Your getting some great help here and I think you will have your solution soon. I know there is nothing on sections but I thought you would be able to get the data you need by creating some alignments and points and get the data from those reports.

Back to today's deadline...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
sb208918
in reply to: sboon

Message 13 of 14
sb208918

Sboon, your process works pretty good. The one thin missing is the details for point at offset 0. Is there anyways to bring that as well? Rest works flawlessly. Thank You

Message 14 of 14
sboon

It should be possible to change the corridor settings so that there is a featureline created at the inside edge of the stripping subassembly.  If that doesn't work then you could also use a MarkedPoint with a Stripping code to get a line at the right location for the report.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report