Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hec-ras. import profiles into autocad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CityWF
1651 Views, 3 Replies

hec-ras. import profiles into autocad

I am trying to import hec-ras data into autocad. First I created the geo file and exported it out of autocad, then modeled it in hec-ras and made the .sdf file and imported it back into autocad. I can get the alignment back and a profile of the existing ground but I can't get the water surface elevations to show up. They are listed in the prospector in the site/ profile location. There are 10yr, 50yr, 100yr, and 500yr. So my big question is, How do I get the water surface elevations to show up in the profile?

I am searching for ideas so if you just have a guess I would love to hear it.

Thanks, Janet (CityWF)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: CityWF

Can you attach the drawing? It sounds like it successfully imported, but you are unable to show the profile in the profile view. If that isn't the case, can you zip your sdf file and attach that?
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 4
auzzie2776
in reply to: CityWF

i would stsrongly reccomend that you watch this video by james wedding on your exact procedure.

this is a excellent excellent video on flodplain modelling done at autodesk university on the exact process you are having issues with. ive watched it a few times.

click the link below

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=4918

hope this helps

jason

Message 4 of 4
CityWF
in reply to: auzzie2776

Jason, thanks for the video. The solution to my problem is at 1:04 in the video. I love the fact you can pick/select from the prospector and the ribbon changes and everything just like you picked it off the drawing. Nice! 

and Matt, The speaker mentions your name at about the same place. 

Thanks again Guys,

Janet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report