Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you tried Civil 3d 2014?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nwtayeb
329 Views, 6 Replies

Have you tried Civil 3d 2014?

Please tell us waht you like in it mostly, is there a good updates in it???

Nemdili Tayeb
Use:Civil 3d 2012

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: nwtayeb

If you are using pressure pipes in 2013, I would highly recommend moving to 2014.

You can also read about the new features in 2014 HERE.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: BrianHailey

@BrianHailey wrote:

If you are using pressure pipes in 2013

I didn't even know that was possible...... Smiley Wink

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 7
wfberry

Brian, bring us up to speed on pressure pipes.  The last I remember was that it could be similar leaving home with a six shooter and realizing when the fight started you brought your pea-shooter.

Bill

Message 5 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: wfberry

In 2013 there were some distinct limitations to the pressure networks. In 2014, a lot of those have been removed. In particular: In 2013 you couldn't data reference a pressure network, you couldn't sample pressure networks for display in cross sections, and you couldn't apply pay items to the parts. All of this you can now do in 2014.

And then there's the "compass".

Man, this thing is AWESOME! for demos

I've tried, I just can't like this thing. Yeah, if your pipes have EXACTLY a 45d bend then it works fine but how often does that happen. I think a lot of the issue I had was with the compass not working the way I expected it to. So, I use it but not the way it's demo'd. Layout the pipe with the compass to get it close then adjust the pipe, then hit the plus to add the next piece of the pipe. If you do it that way, it's not too bad.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 7
wfberry

Thanks Brian:

I guess I was remembering that originally pressure pipes would not appear in Cross Sections.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE

Thanks for the time and effort there Brian. I haven't touched these either. With DS's I can roll them out.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report