Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching in block definition set to display on top but doesn't

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bcsurvey
314 Views, 3 Replies

Hatching in block definition set to display on top but doesn't

Using C3D 2010 . . .

I'm trying to determine why I still get lines over a block that contains hatching (@ color 255,255,255) and which has also been set to display on top of everything when I go to plot preview.  My first instinct was to check the plot settings, but could find nothing that solved the problem.  Next was to check the Graphics properties of the plotter file, but again found nothing.  I have another block that I did this with where it works fine.

Any advice?

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: bcsurvey

I would look into the lines/merge/overwrite setting in the pc3 file or try a different color to test whether the 255,255,255 pen was modified to zero shading.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza

DougK has a good suggestion over at the dyno block group. maybeit will help you.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/Hatch-Draworder/m-p/2158046#M7146

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
bcsurvey

I'm mistaken.  The block that wasn't displaying right in plot preview had a WIPEOUT in the block, which was what the other block had originally.  With that one, I changed it to a hatch (with the boundaries retracted inward just a bit to compensate for the problem that the poster had in the link Joe provided) and it worked fine.  But I still had to bring the blocks to the top display in some cases.   Anyway, the block I was having an issue with now has a hatch and all is well (at least for a few minutes . . .). 

Thanks

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report