Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch not appearing correct in layout tab

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bbostic
917 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch not appearing correct in layout tab

I am working on creating a set of plans and have a couple of note pages that are generic and will not need to be change. I am creating a template with layers, layout tabs, styles, etc. I am trying to put these notes straight into a layout tab just simply by pasting them in there. The issue I am having is with the hatching on a couple of objects, the hatches appear correctly right off. When I save the drawing and reopen the hatches are a solid block, regen does not fix this. I can however explode the hatch and then undo the explode command and it appears correctly. Is there a way I can make the hatches appear correct everytime?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: bbostic

My first suspicion would be a corrupted layout tab and/or viewport. Have you tried recreating the "bad" ones?

Also you may want to check your graphics card driver: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534 

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: bbostic

Which version are you working in?

I would check the hatch scaling. I have noticed in 2013 when the scaling gets too large/small the hatching goes to a solid hatching, where in previous versions it did not show anything.

You might also want to check what the value of the measurement variable is in each drawing, as this controls whether the drawing uses metric or imperial hatch patterns.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Excellent suggestions Andrew! Hopefully one of these will help.

Thank you!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report