Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Creation Ribbon Contextual Tab Causes C3D 2013 to hang

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ShawnMcCorkle1211
513 Views, 4 Replies

Hatch Creation Ribbon Contextual Tab Causes C3D 2013 to hang

When I try to access a hatch pattern from the Hatch Creation Ribbon Contextual Tab, C3D stops working and I have to force the program to quit.  I've tried repairing the installation, which didn't work.  I've also compeltely uninstalled and then reinstllaed the program, and have applied the Service Pack 1 update, but the problem persists.

However, accessing a hatch pattern after using the "Hatch" command from the command does seem to work.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

do you have any custom hatch patterns added (*.PAT)?

If you start Civil3D with profile "as AutoCAD", do you have the same problem?

At least I have tried it (with German release of Civil3D SP1) and don't have that issue.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

I have no customized patterns.

I also have the same issue when running "As AutoCAD 2013".

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

if you look to the taskmanager: does AutoCAD (or any other process) need a high kernel-load? Or is the processor at a load of about 0%.

Another option to try: login to your system with another Windows-user-account/with admin permission/with disabled antivirus .... what happens then when you try to reproduce that issue?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

Ok.  I think I figured it out.  One of the patterns had been corrupted.  Once i removed it, it seems to work ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report