Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling point block scales in base vs xref drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
manny
708 Views, 3 Replies

Handling point block scales in base vs xref drawings

In Civil 3D 2012 I set up a base drawing where I import/insert field survey points. The points come in with appropriate feature code symbols. These symbols (power poles, hydrants, valves, manholes, etc.) will scale up or down relative to the drawing scale in my base drawing.

If my base drawing is set at 1"=100' (thereby making my symbology blocks 100 times bigger) and i reference it into a sheet drawing that is set up to 1"=20', how can I appropriately scale the symbology to be the right size (1"=20') in my sheet without having to change the scale in my base drawing?

Is there a way to make the point symbols annotative according to the drawing it is refenced into?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sdl051
in reply to: manny

I'm also looking for the solution to this question. I want the model and/or V.Port scale to be the active scale in the CURRENT .dwg; not the referenced files saved scale. There are too many instances of plans that the same Survey data can be referenced to.
In addition why don't we have the same ability as the MTEXT's annotative options where multiple placements, adding and deleting of annotative scales are available across the board for ALL annotation?

Message 3 of 4
max_bellato
in reply to: manny

Hello,

Regarding the question from many years ago, did you ever find an answer?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
jae.kwon
in reply to: max_bellato

Have you tried creating annotative versions of the blocks?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report